APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Custom One Truck Source
EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE. EXCITING POSSIBILITIES. GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
Custom Truck One Source has changed the way the industry looks at specialized truck and heavy equipment solutions. With sales, rentals, aftermarket parts and service, equipment customization, remanufacturing, financing solutions, and asset disposal, our team of experts, vast equipment breadth and integrated network of locations across North America offer superior service and unmatched efficiency for our customers. Your success is what's next with Custom Truck One Source.
The Application Support Specialist will report directly to the Application Support Manager and will be responsible for both the daily operations and the ongoing improvement of the company’s core business software applications, which include but not limited to SalesForce, Infor M3, O365, Sharepoint, Rentalman.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and support application user administration.
- Assist in recommending changes and coordinating applications to role based environment.
- Identify and implement process improvements for business functions.
- Management and coordination of Service Request list.
- Coordinate application release updates with vendor and business users.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards.
- Plan, test, implement, and troubleshoot software upgrades.
- Support and develop end user training documentation.
- Develop help desk knowledge base articles.
- Work directly with IT teams to resolve technical issues.
- Monitor and recommend software licensing changes to control costs.
- Monitoring of and responding to application support tickets.
- Provide timely status reports by application as needed.
- Liaise with the IT PMO for prioritization of requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of work experience working with SalesForce and other information technology applications.
- Understand firsthand what technical work must be managed to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Comfortable in a matrix management structure and be able to influence from the top and from the sides.
- The candidate should be results oriented, strong quantitative skills, moderate to high EQ and very well-organized.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year College or university preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in working with multi-site operational and technical teams.
- Good information technology acumen that is easily translated and communicated to business users.
- Experience working with SalesForce and other line of business applications that support the business.
- General understanding of technology as it relates to servers, network, cloud, data warehouse, reporting and analytical tools.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communication – Strong communicator and collaborator. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Work is performed in a Remote office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboard.
- Sitting, standing, and walking
- Attendance - The ability to work as scheduled with punctual attendance, Monday - Friday plus any additional hours/days necessary to meet business demands.
- This job requires long periods of sitting in front of a computer on a regular basis, doing repetitive tasks.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Health Care
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
Custom Truck One Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.