Kenneth Crosby, a DXP Company
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of the Application Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer service, sales, & technical support to sales force & customers
- Promote & encourage "Profit Management" to ensure a profitable future for the company
- Understand & implement policy to achieve both customer & company goals
- Work closely with sales, fabrication & vendors to facilitate the sales effort & meet customer requirements
- Evaluate customer bid requirements, specifications, & other pertinent data
- Prepare proposals using vendor software, sales catalogs & cost estimates according to technical and performance requirements
- Aid in the design & development of equipment & systems, & redesign of existing systems
- Notify inside & outside staff of new products & processes as needed
- Facilitate prompt remedy of customer technical problems, complaints & failures
- Maintain organization of order files, monitor in-house orders & assist sales & fabrication with project related questions
- Stay up to date on latest trends in Rotating Equipment, packaged systems and service for the product lines we represent
New hires will receive both in-house and factory training related to carious types of rotating equipment and mechanical seals, as well as applicable standards such as API, proper system design and equipment application.
Qualifications of the Application Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering Degree, Mechanical preferred
- Must have customer service oriented mentality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Interest of mechanical equipment
- Well-organized & self-motivated
- Must be able to work independently to achieve targeted results
Physical Demand: Must be able to sit for periods at a time.
Working Conditions: Office environment. Part Time or Full Time
Education: B.S. in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V