Applications Engineer II
Basic Scope/Purpose: (The job’s primary purpose or contribution to the department or organization.)
Responsible for managing all technical aspects of new and existing customer accounts. Leads new product development efforts as required to satisfy customer needs. Participates in enhancing the organizational knowledge base with respect to belting and current product base, polymeric raw material expertise, and application/market experience. Assists in the sales/marketing effort through effective partnerships with the Customer Service, Outside Sales, business development, marketing and Product management.
Principal Accountabilities: (The job’s essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Provide full range of technical support to the sales teams, distributors and customers.
- Travel to key customers globally to provide solutions that best fit their needs, participate in design discussions, deliver informational technical seminars, or resolve issues.
- Be a technical resource for Product Management providing product information, market/customer data and support for day to day PM function
- Perform engineering tests and experiments as required.
- Operate in accordance with established ISO procedures governing product development and customer related processes.
- Effectively partner with sales force to ensure customer satisfaction and build relationships with key and potential customers.
- Works with the manufacturing and process engineering department to develop and insure processability/manufacturability of new products.
- Provide technical expertise in the evaluation of new raw materials and component suppliers.
- Develop new test equipment and / or procedures to validate product performance.
- Effectively participate in business team meetings.
- Develop and provide technical training (product and applications)
- Oversee and manage all ADS and Applications related customer feedbacks to ensure timely completion.
· Maintain and Promote Fenner Precision Polymers’ Values and Behaviors at all times.
Environmental, Health & Safety Accountabilities: (The level of safety accountability needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
· Learn and follow EHS policies, rules and work instructions
· Attend required EHS training
· Wear the required PPE at all times
· Take personal responsibility for keeping yourself and your co-workers and visitors free from injury by participating in and/or conducting risk assessments, work place inspections, corrective actions and safety observations
· Report incidents, near miss, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and other hazards in the work place. STOP WORK when imminent danger is present
· Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion and keep equipment in proper working condition.
Career Progression Opportunities: (example: junior or senior levels)
Education and/or Relative Experience: (The level of education and/or experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)(Also show level of education needed for Career Progression)
· Critically think through unique engineering scenarios, apply appropriate engineering and mathematical techniques and concepts, including mechanical system/component design, statistical data analysis, test reliability, variance, correlation techniques.
· Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, identify key unmet needs, and develop action plans to meet them. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deliverable deadlines, and deliver on commitments made to customers.
· Read, analyze, and interpret technical publications and general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
· Design parts then create models and drawings utilizing Solidworks and Autocad software packages.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (The licenses, certificates or registrations that are required to perform the essential duties of this job.)
· None RequiredID:uDnQdo