Apprentice Fabrication Process Operator
Responsibilities and Training Criteria
The training required for the entry level roles in our PIC Fab is very much tailored to the type of role (Fab Operator, Maintenance Technician, Process Technician, and other Fab Specialist roles). The training sequence is as follows:
· Phase 0: Onboading and classroom training. This includes basic training in fab operations, clean room protocols, safety training, etc.
· Phase 1: Shadowing and preliminary training by a Certified Operator. In this phase, the trainee follows and observes an experienced operator who provides initial training on all aspects of the job. This includes practice in wafer handling and safety procedures
· Phase 2: Hands-on training by Certified Operators. In this phase, the trainee is allowed to perform based hands-on aspects of the job under the close supervision of experienced trainers. The trainer observes and provides real-time feedback.
· Phase 3: Final certification via live and on-line testing. In this phase, the trainee achieves final certification in each of the major job functions. They are allowed to process wafers on manufacturing equipment with experienced personnel nearby to provide guidance and answer questions. A series of live tests and written (on-line) tests are administered by the trainer or the responsible engineer for each major tool and process.
At the conclusion of Phase 3, the newly-certified operator or technician may work independently. Please note:
· Periodic re-certification is required for some roles.
· There are several forms of ongoing training for employees in these roles. Training is required when new fab equipment is installed or when changes to procedures are made, for example. Periodic safety training is also required for most roles. In addition, the Fab Engineering team often conducts training – often called “Fab School” -- on process improvements and changes to operating procedures. In many of these training sessions, the operations staff is invited to provide feedback and participate in improvement opportunities.
Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Infinera complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.ID:uDnQdo