A/R Billing Clerk
National Oilwell Varco
- Ensure that all revenue is billed and accounted for and minimize the need to accrue revenue;
- Maintain excellent rapport with customers and agents and resolve any disputes in a timely manner;
- Monitor customer contacts to ensure that billing is in conformance with customer requirements. This includes understanding customer portals;
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from customer sales, customer service departments, collections, and customers.
- Participate in department projects and actively assist and drive quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Monthly billing/receivables close process to ensure timely process completion according to department deadlines.
- Special projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Analyze and verify invoice preparation documents, purchase orders, packing slips, BOL, and Tally Sheets.
- Ability to produce, and ensure, accuracy in invoicing and credits.
- Timely resolution and follow-up on billing discrepancies, portal uploads, and questions.
- Effective communication with management over any AR problems you encounter.
- Track approved and unapproved invoicing to produce critical month-end metrics.
- Provide support on month-end reporting
- Handle all special billing situations, ability to research, reconcile, and resolve billing discrepancies.
- Process Credit Card transactions and the ability to reconcile
- Broad knowledge and experience in Basic Accounting Procedures and MS Office Suites
- Above-average skills in Customer Portals, Revenue Recognition, Excel, and Computer Literacy
- Demonstrated ability to: Communicate and Work Well with Vendors and Co-Workers
Required Education/ Experience
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable experience including manufacturing billing
- The ability to create and edit Excel spreadsheets is a must.
- Perform quality reviews of invoicing documents and processes.
- Familiarity with accounting software programs and ERP systems.
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), problem-solving skills, and critical thinking.
- Unbilled revenue reconciliation experience.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly.
- Sales Tax Research in completing tax adjustment credits.
- One Year of the college experience
- Knowledge of MS Suites, Outlook
- 35 wpm typing skills
- 10 key
- Must be able to read & write in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Customer Invoice Portal Experience (Examples ADP Open Invoice, Ariba, Accenture Schlumberger)
Work Environment & Physical Demands/ Effort
While performing the job responsibilities, the employee must communicate with all levels and be able to hear standard manufacturing alarms, including notifications over the company’s loudspeakers, fork truck horns, and fire alarms. The employee is also required to wear PPE, as required. The employee is often required to sit and type on a keyboard for long periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Competitive Benefits (visit usbenefits.nov.com for more information about our benefits offerings)
- 401K – NOV matches every dollar up to 5% of base pay and overtime for every dollar you invest
- Competitive medical plans that cover your entire family (yourself, eligible spouse, and eligible children) as of your first date of hire for as little as $131 per pay period (bi-weekly)
- Employees and their spouses enrolled in a medical plan can receive up to $350 (pre-tax) each per year for participating in Choose Well-being Rewards
- FREE preventative medical and dental care for the entire family (when enrolled in an NOV medical/dental plan and seeing an in-network physician)
- FREE Basic Life and AD&D insurance (for full-time employees)
- All regular full-time employees start with 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (prorated based on start date)
- All regular full-time employees receive 40 hours of paid sick leave per year (prorated based on start date)
- All regular full-time employees receive 11 paid holidays per year