Area Finance Leader
West Wareham, MA
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
Reports to: Finance Director
Experience Required: 7+ Years
Travel Percentage: Up to 30%
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree.
This job offers an exciting growth opportunity with a very competitive Total Rewards package that includes:
- A Competitive Base Salary
- Performance based Annual Incentive Plan
- Great benefits including PTO, health insurance from Day 1, up to 7% company contribution for Retirement Savings Plan and 401K match
About the role
The Area Finance Leader will be a business partner to and provide finance support to the facility managers, commercial managers, area asset managers, and Operations VP. They will lead the finance activities, including planning, forecasting, and analysis for a facility or group of facilities, working with the Shared Service Center (Centralized Accounting) in accordance with the US generally accepted accounting principles and internal policies and procedures.
- Business partner with the facility/area management in achieving business objectives
- Perform operational statistical and metrics tracking, evaluate financial performance comparing actual results to plans while also making recommendations that drive organizational goals.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly/quarterly financial forecasts, long term plans and annual budgets are prepared with direction from the Operational/Business Leadership teams and aim to achieve Company goals
- Drive financial acumen amongst the key operational and commercial contributors on the facility leadership team
- Perform routine data mining activities in order to understand the details amongst all revenues, expenses, profits, production statistics, and capex in order to effectively communicate results
- Maintain and perform comparative analysis of the long-term financials’ models
- Identify opportunities and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Compile and analyze financial information necessary to complete the month-end close including validation of journal entries in coordination with the Shared Service Center
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative variances explanations including risk and accounting treatment assessment
- Own the review of and ensure the timely reporting of financial statements that are in compliance with company accounting policies, procedures
- Interact with auditors and assist with the preparation and documentation to support both internal and external audits.
- Special projects/ad hoc request as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in finance / accounting
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex issues, and develop innovative solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise judgment to make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses in addition to being flexible with on-the-fly requests
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented culture and with Client based sensitivities
- Ability to handle multiple assignments meeting strict deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to identify and resolve complex finance and accounting issues in addition to frequent financial analysis and preparations
- Strong communications, presentation and networking skills
- Ability to interpret and adhere to contractual language
- Attention to detail, desire to learn and adapt is a must, process-oriented
- Experience with Oracle and PeopleSoft is preferred, or with similar product(s) is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Travel up to 30%
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com.ID:uDnQdo