Area Maintenance Manager
Wayne Farms, LLC
Kinston Plant, NC
Primarily responsible for management of the maintenance function with the assigned location(s) ensuring machinery, grounds and buildings are kept in workmanlike condition, meeting or exceeding regulatory compliance (i.e. USDA, GMP's, OSHA, environmental, etc.). Participate with management team to create and maintain a safe work setting and develop a participative work environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Establish and maintain a Preventative Maintenance Program that will assure machinery, grounds and buildings are kept in working condition, meeting or exceeding regulatory compliance.
- Support production operations by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools and equipment.
- Manage department budget within approved limits, monitor and recommend cost saving and standardization methods.
- Actively participate in the presentation, forecasting and management of the Capital Budget.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities in conjunction with operating teams.
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance systems and PLC software.
- Supervise maintenance department personnel in day-to-day operation ensuring minimal downtime and costs, and optimal accountability, productivity and efficiency.
- Work closely with other departments such as Accounting, Engineering, and Quality Assurance in resolving maintenance related issues, installation of new equipment, capital projects and/or process improvement initiatives.
- Assure an accurate and effective parts inventory is maintained.
- Hire and develop a well-skilled maintenance staff.
- Establish and maintain proper employee motivation, discipline, and standards.
- Oversee effective computerized maintenance management system (MMS).
- Establish and enforce Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) to regulate the maintenance function within the processing plant.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Direct and indirect supervision of 20-35 exempt and non-exempt employees.
- This is a Leader of People position with required competencies: Delegation, Conflict Management, Planning, Sizing-Up People and Customer Focus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive manufacturing maintenance experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing employees.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in Poultry, Animal or Feed Science, Biology or related field from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years’ progressive poultry manufacturing maintenance experience.
- Auto-CAD experience.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Knowledge of food industry manufacturing equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of supporting maintenance functions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and motivate people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of math functions and skills.
- Practical computer skills with solid knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated sound work ethic, honesty and moral character.
REQUIRED PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical and equipment malfunctions.
- Conduct root cause analysis for preventative maintenance.
- Basic reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
- Understand and interpret data while drawing logical conclusions based on available inputs.
- Critical thinking skills in standardized situations as well as non-routine problems.
- Follow and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and safety requirements.
- Read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SD’s).
- Comply with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and training certifications on relevant safety topics.
- Frequently stoop, kneel, crawl and bend.
- Frequently climb stairs and 50+ foot ladders.
- Occasionally lift 50 - 100 lbs.
- Occasionally enter confined spaces.
- Frequently subject to dusty, hot environments.
- Frequently work in loud environment requiring ear protection.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack with 2,000+ lbs. of material