Area Sales Manager
Compensation for roles at AZEK varies depending on a wide range of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. The annual salary for this role is $55,500 to $67,500. In addition to base salary, we offer generous bonus and incentive opportunities that significantly increase earning potential.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with distributors and dealers, generating awareness of, demand for, and sales of AZEK and TimberTech products among builders, architects, remodelers, contractors/installers (i.e. end users) in their geographic area of responsibility. This is not a managerial position, rather this sales position is an individual contributor role that reports to a Regional Sales Manager for the Idaho region. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of products, application, value proposition, and channel to market strategy for both AZEK and TimberTech lines.
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities will be:
- Develop and manage a target/conversion list of dealers, architects, builders, remodelers and contractors/installers.
- Maintain aggressive end user call schedule throughout the year; meet with end users to generate awareness and understanding of AZEK's/TimberTech's existing and new products and services.
- Provide in-field training to builders, remodelers, installers and other end users as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with select dealers and their dealer sales representatives (key dealers in the geography).
- Schedule and conduct field sales calls with dealer and distribution representatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributor management and distributor sales representatives. Schedule and conduct end user events at the dealer yard
- Create distributor plans, monitor performance and take corrective action when necessary.
- Train dealer and distributor representatives (if not performed by distributor representatives).
- Consult with distributors and dealers regarding usage of marketing and promotional funds
- Respond to end user questions and inquiries about products, product availability (i.e. where to buy), applications and terms on a timely basis
- Actively participate in the resolution of customer concerns/complaints. Assist in the warranty claims process in the field by sending data and information to the Warranty team/Customer Service Department.
- Induce end users to trial AZEK/TimberTech products and convert them to ongoing customers.
- Generate, track and coordinate opportunities (leads) with the appropriate local dealers and their sales representatives; Assist in creation and/or maintenance of product displays in the field.
- Act as a representative at trade shows nationally and/or regionally.
- Prepare sales analysis reports; Maintain and update Outlook calendar reflecting all appointments and schedules. Create and maintain customer records using our automated systems (i.e. CRM)
- Keeps supervisor informed of key issues/changes occurring in assigned territory such as: competitor programs/products/actions, changes in dealers/distributors, dealer personnel, etc.
We believe the successful candidate will need:
- 3-10+ years related outside sales experience
- Bachelor's Degree required in Sales, Marketing, Business or related. As with all positions at AZEK, a satisfactory combination of education and professional experience will be considered
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Sales process experience, particularly in consultative selling and negotiation
- Valid driving license and ability to travel overnight
90 days: Learn customer base, learn the product TimberTech offers, gain good understanding of sales territory
6 months: Proactively lead the conversations with customers, compare/contrast our products with the competition and convert business
1 year: Develop a strategic sales plan that will facilitate continued growth in the territory.
The AZEK Company is a $1 Billion and growing industry-leading manufacturer of beautiful, low-maintenance, and environmentally sustainable building products, with a focus on decking and outdoor living. Consistently recognized as the market leader in innovation, quality and aesthetics, products across AZEK’s portfolio are made from up to 100% recycled material and primarily replace wood on the outside of homes, providing a long-lasting, eco-friendly and stylish solution to consumers. We are committed to accelerating the use of recycled material in the manufacturing of our innovative products, keeping millions of pounds of waste out of landfills each year, and revolutionizing the industry to create a more sustainable future. In June 2020, we completed a highly successful IPO.
We are committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where diversity of all kinds is sought out, valued, respected and appreciated. We are building and promoting a culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. It fuels our innovation, drives operational excellence and is a source of our competitive differentiation, while connecting us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.