ARTAZN LLC, a Jadex Inc. company, is a US-based manufacturer of zinc strip and applied zinc products. Headquartered in Greeneville, Tennessee, we are the largest North American producer of solid zinc strip and zinc-based products, and one of the largest in the world. For over a century, ARTAZN™’s craftsmen and visionaries have fueled innovative solutions and a manufacturing process centered around maximizing the transformative properties of zinc. ARTAZN™ is one of the leading coin blank manufacturers, with 300 billion coins released into circulation, and also supplies for customers in the automotive, architectural, building, cathodic protection and specialty industries.
ARTAZN™ is committed to: always being customer first; responding to client needs with innovative, high-quality solutions that are efficient and reliable; creating value through performance.
This role has full design, development, and on-going support responsibility for products at ARTAZN.
• Maintains and supports existing products, with thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
• Generates additional revenue streams through the application of technical and scientific principles to product and process research and development applications.
• Leads applications projects both internally and via external research groups or idea network.
• Works closely with the Sales & Marketing, Quality and Finance groups to ensure products or processes being developed meet the market needs and cost structure required.
50% Plans, implements, and oversees top priority opportunities/products in response to market analysis, covering research and development through the launch phase of the business cycle. Ensures that the necessary equipment, materials, manpower, and outside services are in place to allow successful and timely completion. Evaluates results and reports data to Management on a regular basis.
Prepares invention disclosures and protects intellectual property resulting from projects.
15% Manages external research and development groups, as needed, to assist in development of products/processes. Builds relationships and partners with customer or sub-contractor applications groups to leverage their resources to meet a common goal.
15% Supervises R&D Lab and its personnel to develop and test new products and support existing customer growth. Ensure compliance of the lab facility and personnel with ARTAZN’s safety and environmental policy.
10% Develop and evaluate the engineering and manufacturing process to estimate production costs and methods to determine commercial viability of products.
10% Provides technical support to Sales and Operations to respond to on-going customer needs.
• Keeps abreast of new developments through periodicals and membership in technical societies.
• Serves as member of Business Development Team to identify and pursue new business opportunities.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in related field (engineering, metallurgy, etc) and a minimum of five years related experience in applications and/or Manufacturing. Master of Science Degree is preferred. Supervisory experience in a lab setting preferred.
• Expertise in engineering products and the accompanying systems and processes to manufacture them in a high volume environment.
• Experience with financial analytics.
• Must have strong communications skills. Written – convey detailed and complex instructions to others and inform Management of project status. Oral – persuade and inform and make strong technical presentations.
• Computer skills to include spreadsheets, word processing, Internet searches, and presentation software.
• Strong interpersonal skills - work closely with personnel at all levels in a cooperative and helpful manner. Must present ideas and information in a confident manner and consider the ideas and viewpoints of others.
• Creativity – must be able to originate new products/processes and to propose ideas to improve product/ process quality and cost. Must be able to design tests and experiments to validate these ideas.
Specialized Working conditions and % Travel:
1. Exposure to hazardous chemicals. Certain PPE will be required.
Physical & Mental Demands:
1. Standing; walking; using hands to fingers; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to two-third of work time; reaching with hands and arms between one-third to two-thirds of work time; climbing or balancing ; stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling up to one-third of work time; talking or listening up to two-thirds or more of work time; and occasional sitting of up to one-half work time.
2. Regular lifting of over 40 pounds
At Jadex, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Jadex is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Apply Now