ARx Director of Business Development
Adhesives Research, Inc.
Glen Rock, PA
Responsible for the generation of new business, project and customers, including all sales activities, from lead generation through closing of business in an assigned territory. Develops and implements sales strategy to achieve the target goals in ARx’s strategic plan, specifically regarding number of accounts contacted, visited, new opportunities entered, and new projects entered meeting target revenue requirements.
Generates new revenue growth for ARx by expanding the number of work plans with new and existing customers. Responsibilities include:
· Effectively prospects new contacts at multiple levels in multiple functions including formulation development, clinical development, and lifecycle management at top global pharmaceutical companies and specialty pharmaceutical companies in order to generate new work plans.
· Meet or exceed financial sales goals.
· Develops a database (Sugar) of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, trade show prospecting, direct mail, email, and networking, documented in Customer Relationship Management database.
· Coordinates initial meeting with prospective customers, which may include travel. Lead meeting strategy with delivery of company presentation and capabilities.
· Identifies and evaluates potential opportunities with prospect, determining if project and prospect is a strategic fit with ARx’s business objective.
· Performs initial project due diligence analysis with a key understanding of market and customer unmet needs and ARx’s value proposition. Provides project forecast and financial to management.
· Generating scope of work, budget and key contractual terms according to ARx’s business model for internal review by functional Directors utilizing due diligence work. Assist Director of Marketing and Business Development in final negotiations to secure desired business opportunities.
· Applies and shares a comprehensive understanding of and expertise in ARx drug delivery systems and drug product development and manufacturing services, as well as customer needs in pharmaceutical development.
· Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and customers of the various solutions ARx can offer to solve their business issues.
· Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, forecast, opportunity info, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Sugar to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
· Develops and executes portion of Strategic Plan in partnership with Director of Marketing and Business Development for assigned territory assuring new revenue growth.
· Provide market feedback to Director of Marketing and Business Development for the development of new drug delivery technologies.
· Conducts self and executes all responsibilities in a professional and effective manner consistent with Company Guiding Principles
· Contributes to the annual strategic planning process as requested.
· Maintains contact with all customers in the market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company associates.
· Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
· Follows all cGMP requirements and procedures specified for the position.
· Works with other functional units to ensure identification of and compliance with best practices across sales and business functions.
· Applies company policies, ensures good housekeeping, and enforces safety regulations.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· > 5 years of consultative selling or customer facing pharmaceutical project management, engineering or R&D experience
· BA/BS degree required.
· Willingness to travel and work with a global team of professionals.
· Strong listening, written and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
· Ability to think strategically and work in a team environment.
· Proven track record of entering and closing new project opportunities, generating new sales revenue and ability to attain sales goals.
· Seek to have a positive impact on the business with a strong drive for results.
· Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
· Excellent project management and organizational skills.
· Ability to work cross functionally and influence without authority.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer, company, and products.
· Functioning capability with standard office software (word processing, spreadsheet, etc.).
· Basic knowledge in negotiating confidentiality, master services, or developmental/supply agreements.
Ability to travel 50 %+ of the time.
Flexible in the Mid-Atlantic area, close to a major airport