ASE Commercial Engines, Project Engineer
East Hartford, CT
Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
This position is a Project Engineer Position in Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket and Sustainment Engineering [ASE]. Our ASE Commercial Repairs team works together developing innovative repair solutions to observed and predicted distress on components for all P&W Commercial engines, in order to safely and economically return the engine to service. As Project Engineer, you support our commercial programs, such as the PW4000, PW2000/F117, V2500, PW1100G-JM, and PW1500G. This position primarily supports the work in Major Rotating Parts or Cases and Composites Components.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work within Repair Design Team [RDT] to establish repair design requirements and ensure repairs are safe, durable, and meet the quality requirements of the Original Engineering Manufactured [OEM] parts.
- You will work with the ASE Programs team to ensure GSE is delivering to our program requirements.
- You will ensure repair tasks are completed to schedule and on budget.
- Present status to Internal and External Customers.
- You will support the Customer in the resolution of field supportability issues.
- You will support engine tear down and hardware inspection evaluations as needed.
- 10% Travel is Anticipated
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Engineering technology or a technical degree
- 8+ years of engineering experience or 5 years with an advanced degree
- US citizenship due to program requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working across functions, organizations, and management
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships
- Project engineering experience and/or team leadership experience
- Cost and schedule management experience
- MS Excel proficiency
- Results-oriented with good problem-solving skills
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Analytical skills
- Participation in process improvement efforts
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms