Kubota Tractor Corp.
Assembler – 2nd Shift – Abilene, KS
Land Pride, a division of Great Plains Manufacturing, is seeking a 2nd Shift Assembler for our Abilene West facility in Abilene, KS.
This position works Monday through Thursday, from 4:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., with overtime on Fridays as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and complete daily build schedule.
- Bolt, clip, screw, cement, or otherwise fasten parts together by hand, or using hand tools or portable power tools.
- Read prints and use a tape measure as required.
- Tend machines and use tools, such as impact wrenches, to perform force fitting or fastening operations on assembly line.
- Work at different work stations as production needs require.
- Work on line where tasks vary as different model of same article moves along line or at a fixed assembly station.
- Monitor assembly tasks and recommend quality improvement initiatives to the assembly/shipping manager.
- Other duties may be assigned that require other qualifications, physical demands, and/or work environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
No prior experience or training is required; however, the following traits are helpful:
- Ability to give strong attention to detail and stay on-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have a good understanding of team concepts and be a strong team player
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools; ability to read blueprints and tape measure
- Capable of embracing a culture of Lean Manufacturing and implementation of change
- Ability to follow all Great Plains and OSHA safety regulations and wear prescribed PPE as required
At Great Plains Manufacturing, our people make the difference, making our company a great place to work and grow. If you are self-motivated, have a passion to succeed and value teamwork, we invite you to apply to join our team. For over 45 years, Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc., has been known as a world-class manufacturer of farm and landscaping equipment in Central Kansas with over 2,200 dedicated employees. Now a Kubota company, Great Plains Manufacturing continues its dedication toward innovation and professional growth, while maintaining our family culture and community values. Grow with us! Visit our Careers page at www.WorkForGPM.com.