WHO ARE WE
Sonaca - North America "Sonaca" is a world-class leader in designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking an Assembler. Our Assemblers primary functions would be drilling and deburring parts to ready for assembly, assembly of component parts including attaching parts together by installing ground studs, attaching nut-plates or bonding. In all actions, supports Sonaca's Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other Sonaca policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability and respect for people.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, schematics, layout & modification sheets, engineering orders and verbal/written instruction.
- Interpret document/instruction (above) to determine sequence and methods to assemble and repair sheet metal products.
- Pull parts from bin; report any shortages to Supervisor.
- Work different gauge/type of sheet metal aluminum according to product specifications.
- Clean components; load component parts onto jig/fixture.
- Drill, ream, rivet, fit, countersink, adjust, finish, and inspect part to ensure that specifications are met.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces.
- call for inspection.
- Work off rework to engineering to eliminate non-conformance.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred. Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to be considered for the role.
- Previous aircraft experience or sheet metal work is preferred.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to put together work instructions and to assemble parts.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team members on a regular basis.
- Prior experience with blueprints and precision measuring devices a plus.
- Skilled at using a variety of small hand tools.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to, eye, ear, and foot protection
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 pounds
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
Hourly Pay Range: Assembler $18.50 to $21.50
This base pay range is specific to residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Washington, and any other state that may require such disclosure. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Base salary is just one component of Sonaca’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base. Other rewards may include bonuses, paid time off, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the Company are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.
Sonaca North America is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, Sonaca North America provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to access the company’s online application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the online application system, Sonaca North America will provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for Sonaca North America‘s Human Resources Department. Sonaca North America will make every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for the general submission of application materials.
Sonaca North America is an E-Verify Employer.
Sonaca North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer
NOTICE ON FRAUDULENT JOB OFFERS
It has been brought to our attention that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from Sonaca North America and/or its affiliates (“LMI Aerospace”).
This type of fraud is normally carried out through online services such as false websites, or through fake e-mails or call from people claiming to be from the company. These persons offer fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants and often ask for sensitive personal and financial information. The fraudsters may also request recipients to provide personal information and/or to make payments as part of their fake recruiting process.
Sonaca North America does not ask for any financial commitments from candidates as a pre-employment requirement and will always require candidates to formally apply for positions via the Careers Page or job postings.
Sonaca North America has no responsibility for fraudulent offers and if you believe you have been a victim of a fraudulent job offer concerning Sonaca North America, please email email@example.com.ID:uDnQdo