The Carlstar Group
With approximately $800 million in revenue, The Carlstar Group, LLC (“Carlstar” or the “Company”) is a leading producer of specialty tires, wheels, and assemblies for diverse end markets including: lawn & garden, construction, power sports (primarily all-terrain vehicle tires), trailers, and agriculture.
Carlstar (and its predecessor) have been in the engineered rubber products business for over 100 years and sells its products under many of the most recognized brand names in their respective market segments including Carlisle, ITP, and Cragar, among others. In addition, the Company has one of the broadest distribution channels and the largest installed bases within its served North American markets. The Company is a strategic supplier to leading OEMs such as John Deere, Polaris, Husqvarna, Stanley Black & Decker, and BRP, and is sole sourced on a number of their leading platforms. Approximately 59% of Carlstar’s revenue is derived from higher margin aftermarket sales, leveraging the Company’s large installed base of OEM products. Carlstar has approximately 3,400 employees and operates four manufacturing facilities in both North America and China and twelve distribution centers.
Carlstar is engaged in serving lower volume, higher mix business where the Company must economically manage thousands of SKUs with low individual order quantities through a complex distribution network in a marketplace that highly values timely and accurate order fulfillment.
Through the implementation of efficient operational (enhanced SIOP, lean manufacturing, inventory planning, optimization of the distribution network, redesign and value engineering of compounds and products, improved process control, activity based costing, etc.) and intelligent commercial (dynamic pricing and material margin management, new product development, refined channel management, new account conquests, etc.) strategies, the company is targeting improving performance to over 12% EBITDA margins on substantially higher revenue over time. The company is on a very strong performance trajectory today.
To learn more about The Carlstar Group, please visit the company’s web site: https://www.carlstargroup.com/.
This position is responsible for at least two individuals. The supervisor has direct responsibility for the assembly department and will assist with the shipping/receiving department. This position is responsible for the execution of operational plans and strategies. Management support is typically readily accessible and utilized. This position is responsible for managing employee relations to include hiring and/or termination of employees, training, coaching and counseling, oversight of production and/or processes.
The position requires excellent focus, high energy and enthusiasm, forward thinking, strong analytical capability, excellent problem solving, the ability to manage change, solid execution and a commitment to help the company meet financial objectives and exceed customer expectations. This position also requires independent decision-making utilizing Carlstar Group procedures and guidelines.
This position reports to the Director of OEM Distribution.
Pivotal Experience and Expertise:
Carlstar seeks an action-oriented, self-driven, proven operations leader, who has demonstrated the intellectual horsepower, energy and wherewithal to lead and transform a growing, dynamic business.
- Manage activities, processes and strategic plans of the company that support the strategic vision, marketing strategies, and financial objectives.
- Analyze processes and procedures to produce maximum service with minimal downtime.
- Strong understanding of warehouse operations and proven ability to drive and implement process improvements.
- Utilize computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment and other software applications including data entry and database management.
- Work at a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Drive results and continuous improvement in the organization.
- High School diploma or equivalent, bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience, which includes leadership responsibility.
Leadership Capabilities & Culture Fit:
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of the organization, customers, and vendors.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Practical knowledge of lean/six sigma strategies
- He or she will embrace a philosophy of transparency, healthy debate and accountability; and will work to weave them into the organization's Standard Operating Procedure.