Assistant Branch Manager – Sacramento, CA
It's a great time to join a leader in the fence industry!
Master Halco, North America’s leading manufacturer/distributor of fencing and perimeter security products is seeking an experienced Assistant Branch Manager in Sacramento.
- This position will be responsible for assisting the Branch Manager in various aspects of the day-to-day business and execute strategic plans for profitable growth.
- The Assistant Branch Manager operates as an integrated leader helping supervise sales and operations teams within a fast-paced environment.
- The expectations of this role requires one to develop a working knowledge of all aspects of the business and support where needed.
- The Assistant Branch Manager is fully responsible for the business in the absence of the Branch Manager.
Why join Master Halco?
- Salary: $62,950 - $78,300
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits programs
- 401K retirement savings program with company match
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $10K per academic year
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Donation match program
This is a very exciting time to join our company. We are continuing to grow (70+ locations), introducing new products, making technological investments, and implementing innovative marketing strategies.
We are also focused on our people -- our most important resource.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Master Halco’s policies and applicable laws.
- Assists manager with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists in supervising the daily activities of sales and operations associates engaged in selling, receiving and shipping product.
- Works with all associates to provide the outstanding customer service.
- Assists with sales, planning, budgeting, forecasting and expense control.
- Maximizes sales and profit growth while properly managing company assets.
- Helps hire, teach, coach and retain the highest level of quality personnel.
- Works in conjunction with Branch Manager in order to establish and obtain goals and objectives.
- Maintains a high level of quality control at all levels within the Branch.
- Develops effective inter-department communications and working relationships within Master Halco.
- Works on an as-needed basis filling in for absent sales and or operations associates.
- Coordinates activities of branch warehouse with activities of sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
- Bachelor’s Degree or Work Equivalent
- 2 plus years of sales / warehouse experience in related field
- Working knowledge and experience with internet; inventory system, Microsoft EXCEL, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with Infor is desired