Prescott Newspapers, Inc.
If you are a current Ruger employee, please click here to apply internally.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
This position is located in Southport, CT.
About the Company:
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (more widely known simply as “Ruger”) is the nation’s leading manufacturer of firearms. Founded in 1949 by William B. Ruger and Alexander Sturm in Southport, Connecticut, Ruger now employs approximately 1,800 people and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol RGR. Though headquartered in Southport, CT., Ruger has manufacturing operations in Newport, New Hampshire, Prescott, Arizona and Mayodan, North Carolina. The Company motto, “Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens,” exemplifies our corporate culture and philosophy.
The Assistant Controller is a newly-created, individual contributor role that will report to the Controller. They will be charged with spearheading numerous financial, operational and systems initiatives that will drive growth while providing greater clarity on the performance of the business. This position is located at the Ruger headquarters in Southport, Connecticut. The Accounting Manager will have the opportunity to learn from an experienced leadership team while being challenged with stretch assignments and other professional development opportunities. They will enjoy exposure to a multitude of business challenges that will enhance their credentials and further their professional development. They must possess a positive attitude and a strong ability to work with others to further the Company’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork.
Responsibilities and Initiatives:
- Providing support to the month/quarter/year-end close. Assisting with account reconciliations, journal entries and the financial statement preparation process.
- Partnering with the Plant Controllers to resolve operational issues related to inventory and cost accounting.
- Evaluating the appropriateness of the inventory and other balance sheet reserves.
- Assisting as needed with SEC filings, including document preparation, XBRL tagging and MD&A review.
- Developing processes for clearing aged receivables and cleansing customer & vendor lists.
- Better utilizing the ERP system (Oracle) to automate more tasks while streamlining the financial reporting process. Driving a cultural shift towards greater reliance on Oracle.
- Assisting with the budgeting process and providing updated forecasts, as requested.
- Partnering with sales, marketing, and other functional areas to provide greater insight into revenue and cost-containment opportunities. Conducting “what if” analyses to aid in the decision-making process.
- Contributing to the execution of the internal audit plan through participation in operational, financial, and SOX-related audits.
- Serving as the primary point of contact with the external auditors for documentation requests and resolving any matters that arise.
Candidate Profile & Qualifications
- A CPA with early-career public accounting experience is desirable, as is previous exposure to manufacturing organizations.
- Strong financial systems skills.
- Proven process improvement.
- Ambitious, self-starter.
- Innovative mindset.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
Must be able to successfully pass a drug and background screen.
Salary: D.O.E-Please include your salary requirements with your resume.
Additional benefits to becoming a member of our team:
- Competitive compensation package including competitive salary, profit share and bonus (bonus and profit sharing based on company performance)*
- Heath benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Life and Retirement benefits including 401k match, discretionary supplemental 401k contribution, basic and supplemental life options, as well as short- and long-term disability plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Relocation Assistance is available for the right candidate.
- Desirable work/life balance utilizing a hybrid work schedule is available.
Applications will be reviewed as received. If we have further interest, we will reach out to you directly. Thank you, for your interest in Ruger Firearms.
*Quarterly profit sharing for associates is based on the Company’s profits earned for the quarter. Visit our website at Ruger.com/investor relations to view earnings statements.ID:uDnQdo