Assistant Director – Health Economist (Remote)
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
The Consulting Services division of AmerisourceBergen hires throughout the year at varying levels of experience and offers opportunities to work remotely with no centralized location to commute to. All US-based team members are considered for open remote roles regardless of their geographical location and time zone. Our commitment to clients and to our team members truly makes Consulting Services a special and unique organization. Explore a career that comes with a healthy dose of perks, benefits, and generous incentives — beyond standard health coverage and 401ks. If you’re looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity, you’ve come to the right place.
This role is a home-based, remote role for candidates located in the United States. Level of role subject to change based on a candidate's experience.
Under general direction of Xcenda senior leadership within the Economic Modeling team, the candidate will be responsible for developing high quality economic models, from model concept stage to final report and training, to meet the needs of Xcenda’s clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to the team mission/vision
- Contributes to staff training, serves as a mentor to team members
- Provides client leadership on multiple accounts
- Grows existing client relationships and develops new business opportunities
- Contributes to the growth and development of the economic modeling service offerings
- Responsible for proposal writing, project budgeting, contracting, and client capabilities presentations
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Strong knowledge of health economic modeling methodology (Budget impact and cost-effectiveness models, decision models, Markov models, probabilistic sensitivity analysis, microsimulation)
- Extensive experience with modeling software (Excel, R, etc.)
- Experience developing a wide range of economic models, including both cost-effectiveness models for publication and user-friendly budget impact models for field deployment
- Strong health economic research skills to support economic modeling projects (literature review, epidemiology, data analysis and synthesis, indirect treatment comparisons, parameter distributions, etc)
- Ability to effectively present economic model results (report writing, slide deck presentations, abstracts, posters, manuscripts)
- Knowledge of economic modeling guidelines (ISPOR, AMCP) and HTA regulatory submissions (NICE)
- Ability to contribute to other Xcenda service lines and business units, as needed
- Effectively manage project budgets, including establishing project milestones and timelines
- Allocate human and financial resources as appropriate to ensure objectives are accomplished
- Search and pursue revenue generation opportunities and effectively manage projects to ensure that new revenue is realized
Quality and Compliance
- Overall responsibility for timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Identifies areas for risk
- Fosters proactive, continued quality improvement
- Ensures and maintains highest integrity and honesty in all business activities
- Responsible for corporate culture to include embracing and fostering company values
- Supports company programs and initiatives
- Represents the company to associates and the public
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Be a part of or manage a high-performance team
- Recognize changes in project scope and determine appropriate manner of feedback to client
- Provide feedback to team members to strengthen performance
- Maintain individual chargeability requirement
- Demonstrate commitment to the firm and inspire employees
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in health economics within the pharmaceutical industry
- Master's degree (in Health Economics, Pharmacy Administration, Biostatistics, Health Services Research, Clinical Epidemiology, Public Health Policy, or Business Administration) required, advanced postgraduate degree (MBA, PhD, PharmD, etc) in a relevant discipline preferred
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Structured and well organized with excellent work ethic
- Demonstrated success within a consulting environment or within the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated success in producing high quality deliverables
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Broad technical knowledge of economic modeling methodology
- Strong technical capabilities with economic modeling software (Excel, R)
- Excellent writing skills as well as the ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to develop sound, long-term client relationships and an ability to influence clients without being overbearing
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, successful consulting firm, which maintains high quality standards and demands excellence
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast- paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Willingness to travel to conferences, internal meetings and client sites, as needed
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive total rewards package which includes benefits and compensation. Our commitment to our eligible population of team members includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, affordable, diverse, and designed to meet the needs of our team members’ and their families. Some of these programs include paid time off including paid parental leave, access to retirement savings vehicles, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options, an employee stock purchase program, and other financial, health, and well-being focused benefits.
Because we take a balanced, global approach to our benefits, benefit offerings may vary by location, position, and/or business unit. Some benefits are company-paid, while others are available through team member contributions. For details visit https://www.virtualfairhub.com/amerisourcebergen.
*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado/California/Washington State-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: Xcenda, LLC
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
The company’s continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified individuals. Therefore, harassment is prohibited and all matters related to recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers comply with equal opportunity principles and are non-discriminatory.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during the employment process which are consistent with legal requirements. If you wish to request an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 888.692.2272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make accommodation determinations on a request-by-request basis. Messages and emails regarding anything other than accommodations requests will not be returned