Assistant Group Controller (CPG)
**This is a hybrid position**
Tremco CPG Inc is an aggressive, growth-oriented company with revenues of over $1 billion. We are a world leader in solving complex waterproofing and roofing problems for our commercial, institutional, and industrial customers.
Tremco is currently searching for an Assistant Group Controller role for our Headquarters in Beachwood, Ohio.
The newly created Assistant Group Controller will be responsible for all accounting activities related to the North American legal entities (US + Canada) including the timeliness and accuracy of the period-end close and for maintaining the highest level of compliance with the company’s policies and controls. The Assistant Group Controller will have two direct reports as well as oversight responsibilities of businesses in other regions of the world, including Latin America. This position will help drive change in a growing organization while focusing on continuous improvement. This position will be located at the Tremco offices in Beachwood, Ohio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervise all North American accounting processes, ensuring the accounting function is operating efficiently and effectively to meet stakeholder requirements, both internal and external
- Ensure that accounting policies and procedures are well understood and complied with in the North American and Latin American teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise on US GAAP accounting & control guidance.
- Work closely with Tremco and RPM accounting departments on accounting for complex transactions and other financial reporting matters.
- Work with the global finance and accounting team to ensure compliance with US GAAP and operational financial policies.
- Execute key internal controls for the North America region.
- Manage and resolve internal and external audits for the North American businesses and lead remediation activities as required.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analytics and other procedures as part of the month-end close to ensure transactions have been properly captured.
- · Migrate certain tasks and processes, as appropriate, to the global service center located in India
- · Supervise the North America Tax & Payroll functions
- Coach and mentor direct reports and accounting staff
Education and Experience:
- Must be a CPA
- Master's Degree or equivalent is preferred
- At least 10 years experience in a similiar role is a plus.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX is preferred
- Experience with a public accounting firm is a plus
- Familiarity with digital solutions (e.g., Alteryx) or automation to help improve processes is preferred
The salary range for applicants in this position generally ranges between $127,000 and $170,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operations, needs, and other considerations permitted by law.
Tremco offers a variety of benefits to its employees, including not limited to: health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, Company Pension Plan, Performance Based Commission, and continuing education.