Assistant Machine Operator
Hood Container Corp.
Assistant Machine Operator
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus | Weekly Pay | Excellent Benefits
Hood Container Corporation is a family-owned, mill-to-market company specializing in containerboard and kraft paper, corrugated boxes, high graphic displays, and contract packaging. Our commitment to customer happiness, employee well-being, environmental stewardship, and operational excellence drive our business. Over the last eight years, Hood Container Corporation has grown to become one of the top ten Paper and Packaging Companies in the United States. Our integrated company resources allow for a unique dynamic that evolves with every addition to our geographic footprint. We excel at offering the benefits of a large corporation while operating as a boutique business and building close relationships with our customers.
Our Mission: Through our unwavering commitment to safety, innovation, and sustainability, we passionately deliver indispensable value to our customers, employees, suppliers, communities, and stakeholders.
Our Vision: A unified culture that creates innovative customer solutions.
Day in the life:
- Manufacture Corrugated Cartons and Displays.
- Responsible for the machine crews' daily activities, accountable for machine and crew performance as they relate to waste, efficiency, quality and uptime objectives.
- Must be team-oriented, organized, detailed, and able to perform physical activities.
- Experience with equipment operation and safety guidelines.
- Must be willing to work over-time and weekends when required
What it Takes:
- Must be able to repeatedly lift oversized sheets and boxes from chest to ground level.
- Must be able to read and understand a tape measure (imperial units of measure) and basic math (including fractions).
- Must be able to wear protective equipment for extended periods of time including Gloves, Sleeves, safety glasses, goggles, steel-toed shoes, face masks, and ear plugs.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse that is not climate controlled for up to 12 hrs. per day.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed (up to 12 hours per day. Up to 6 days per week).
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, twist, and reach around equipment and obstacles unassisted as needed.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screen.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens and customers we serve. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
To learn more about us: To learn more visit hoodcontainer.com or follow us on social media – LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.