ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Looking to join a U.S. Best Managed Company? Kent Nutrition Group has a fantastic opportunity to join their team as an Assistant Maintenance Manager! This crucial role will assist the Maintenance Manager maintaining and servicing all plant equipment and buildings.
- Health insurance including dental and vision options - 401K plan + company match - Competitive salary - Paid time off - Fun and hardworking team!
• Assists with supervision of Maintenance Helpers
• Assume the responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager when Maintenance Manager is absent
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Report any factors that may influence the quality and safety of the finished feed and ingredients to the immediate supervisor.
• Maintain a regular equipment lubrication schedule; when unable to do this, make arrangements through the Plant Manager or Day Shift Foreman to have the schedule followed
• Establish regular boiler blow-down, water softener regeneration and boiler feed water chemical treatment schedules; check steam trap operation and make sure chemicals are FDA approved
• Make daily check of pellet mill operation and care, and train all mill operators to adjust rolls properly; make periodic checks of roller adjustment to ensure proper roll and die life
• Maintain weekly maintenance schedule on all fork trucks
• Make regular inspections of all items of equipment, noting condition of belts, drive chains, sprockets, bearings, etc. (This will normally be done while performing regular lubrication)
• Make periodic inspections of all concealed equipment parts to determine condition and degree of wear; this shall include such items as mixer blade wipers, drag conveyor chain and paddles, conveyor hanger bearings and flighting, pellet cooler louvers, etc. and schedule regular inspections as appropriate for the particular item
- High School Diploma / GED
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Background in electrical
- Journeyman’s license preferred, but not required
- Welding experience
- Must be able to safely handle all tools; this will require the ability to easily lift all equipment and materials as the job requires
- Comfortable working from heights
- Supervisory experience