Assistant Production Manager- Location: 322 Almeda Genoa Houston, TX
We are Alsco Uniforms. We’ve been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It’s our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We’re seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We’d love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The Assistant Production Manager is responsible for assisting the Production Manager in organizing and supervising work in the Production Department. Performs other duties as required and reports to the Production Manager or Operations Manager.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
-May hire and train new staff or assist management with this process.
- As requested by the Manager, conducts or assists with performance evaluations.
- Assists the Manager with employment actions, including discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Monitors and recommends changes in work methods and/or equipment usage to improve labor utilization, production efficiency and department expenses.- Conducts new hire and ongoing training in all production departments.
- Consults with engineering, sales and service management to ensure the smooth operation of the plant.
- Responsible for execution of company production policies, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring that standards for production, quality, housekeeping and safety are met.
- Responsible for adherence to department budgets, as well as hiring, discipline and employee relations.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, attend meetings and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
- Have a minimum of two years of business management experience in a production environment with strong supervisory and management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product. Count, add and subtract accurately.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and being a team player.
- High School graduation or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, sitting, walking, stooping, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, moving loaded carts weighing up to 500 lbs., reading, speaking, hearing, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.
- Occasionally, to visit customers or possibly to attend training meetings.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit alsco.com/benefits.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.