Assistant Team Leader 3rd Shift
Green Bay, WI
KI, a world class supplier of innovative and award-winning furniture solutions for business, educational, and healthcare environments, is seeking a full-time Assistant Team Leader to join our Green Bay manufacturing facility on our 3rd shift. 3rd shift individuals receive an hourly shift differential of $3.00. A $1.00/hour raise is also given within the first year of employment. The selected candidate is also eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus.
To learn more about KI, please visit www.ki.com
The Assistant Team Leader position is a role intended to Assist Team Leaders to help ensure production technicians have product needed to maintain production at all times, as well as ensure downtime tracking and quality information is documented. This position also serves as a backup to the Assembly Team Leaders.
- Support the team leader with conveying of goals, huddle information and helping with decisions related to job rotation
- Make suggestions for cell staffing needs
- Support training of technicians
- Assist the team leader to ensure all cell technicians are supplied with what is needed to continue producing (painted parts, warehouse components, purchased parts…), schedules are maintained, downtime and quality issues are documented and production display boards maintained.
- Assist with production as needed
- Must be able to operate all equipment in the cell effectively and safely
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (Kaizen events, layout planning, Value Stream Mapping as events happen)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Value Added Skills:
- Positive attitude
- Communication skills
- Good housekeeping habits
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow all safety procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Be a team player, yet be able to work individually
- Working in areas where it can get warm
- Working in a smoke free environment
- Activities including standing, walking, lifting, twisting and bending
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to assist in any given area of the plant if your area is slow
- This is a 3rd Shift position
- Hours are 10pm-6am Sunday night – Friday Morning
- Shift premium of $3.00/hour
- Overtime during busy season
KI offers a welcoming work culture with competitive benefits for eligible employees. Benefits include:
- 100% Employee ownership
- Competitive health, dental, & vision insurance
- A 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Wellness resources, including an on-site fitness center and a fitness reimbursement program
- An educational reimbursement program
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and EAP.
- Sick pay
- Monthly Performance Bonus