Associate Category Manager – Remote
North American Corp. Of Illinois, Graphics & Technology Group
This is a category position which is very much a stepping stone to full category management.
The individual in this position will work closely with the Sr. Manager or VP of Category to develop all skills necessary to manage a category independently in a future Category Management role. The purpose of this position is to assist in the supplier selection, assortment, and go-to-market for a specific product category across all Envoy Solutions affiliate companies. The position will focus on Foodservice Disposables for Envoy. The position is responsible for assisting in selecting appropriate suppliers and managing the relationship and performance to ensure our products are aligned with what our customers are demanding. There is a high degree of collaboration across internal functional groups as well as sales, customers, and suppliers. The role will be measured on category growth, category profitability, cost savings as well as efficiency (turns/profit). It will be key to align the assortment across the many acquired companies to provide a consistent offering from key partners moving forward.
- Using market assessments, channel development, collaborate with Marketing and sales resources, to develop and implement and manage a business plan to position products, systems and service offerings by market segments that align with what our customers are demanding.
- The focused category will be Foodservice Disposables and owning the offering withing Envoy branded products.
- Develop and organize support materials for sales force.
- Through supplier selection, management and negotiation manage the cost/margin for a specific product category. Accountable to category sales volume and net margin performance.
- Sets pricing direction for sales.
- Participate in all aspects of supplier relationship management including business reviews, SLA performance, manufacturer rep utilization/effectiveness, etc.
- Participate in leading training and expertise across internal team on Category, products, industry trends, market dynamics, etc.
- Performance management and development supporting team within Cost, Support, Purchasing, Customer Service, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of specific product line knowledge including (market, commercial distribution, suppliers).
- 3-5 years of negotiations, vendor management, with existing relationships in the specific product line.
- 1-3 years in marketing or experience with developing product marketing plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, especially Excel with the ability to leverage databases.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, proficient in written communication.
- Strong in analytical skills; excellent business judgment and decision-making competencies.
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.