Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics, Oncology/Hematology and Cell Therapy
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Associate Director, Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics, Oncology
The Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics (CP&P) team at BMS is responsible for the pharmacology and pharmacometric support for all pipeline assets throughout the clinical development lifecycle. Composed of pharmacologists, pharmacometricians, data scientists and modelers, this group oversees the pharmacokinetic evaluation, pharmacometric exposure-response evaluation, quantitative systems pharmacology modeling, physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling and model based meta-analysis of assets covering all therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, traditional and complex biologics and next gen cell therapies. All therapeutic areas are supported.
The CP&P team interacts with discovery and translational scientists, project leadership, early and late clinical development teams and commercial colleagues to provide input on clinical pharmacology profiling, dose optimization, formulation bridging, and combination strategies to enable faster and more effective drug development informed by core scientific principals and data.
We are seeking a prospective candidate in the Oncology therapeutic area, in Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Please Note: This position may be filled at the Associate Director level or Senior Research Investigator level depending on the incumbent’s experience, skills and capabilities determined through the interview process.
- Independently contribute to compound development across various development phases
- Represent Clin Pharm on asset teams and at governance meetings based on proficiency
- Provide input to Phase 2/3 clinical study design and registrational strategy
- Accountable for the Clinical Pharmacology Plan
- Lead design of clinical pharmacology studies and manages data analysis, interpretation, and reporting
- High proficiency in PK, PK/PD, and model informed drug development (MIDD) principles and analyses
- Collaborate on cross-functional drug development teams, and regulatory submissions; serves as Clinical Pharmacology subject matter expert
- Lead and participate in departmental initiatives and represent CP&P on cross-functional initiatives / workstreams / taskforces
- Participate in interactions with health authorities; serves as Clinical Pharmacology subject matter expert
- Provide critical expertise to Business Development teams to assess external acquisitions
- Advanced Degree in related field (MS, Ph.D. or PharmD)
- For Associate Director, approximately 5+ years of experience with demonstrated progression in clinical pharmacology and pharmacometrics
- For Senior Research Investigator, approximately 2+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- Expertise in general drug development
- Expertise in small molecule and/or biologic drug property characterization
- Demonstrated stakeholder management with strong influence/leadership
- Quantitative data analysis, POP PK/PD, and data visualization skills
- Programming experience (e.g., NONMEN, Phoenix NLME, Monolix, R, WinNonlin, SAS, Splus etc.)
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.ID:uDnQdo