Associate Director, Drug Substance Manufacturing
Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services.
San Diego, CA
Why join Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma?
Our mission is to help improve the health of humankind.
We are a fully integrated contract development and manufacturing organization with sites in Belgium, United States, Japan, and India providing comprehensive development, cGMP manufacturing, and aseptic fill finish services. We pride ourselves in offering a unique environment in which the work we do every day plays a crucial role in society.
We hope to inspire employees to come to work engaged and ready to give their all. This allows Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma to meet the commitments it makes to partners, patients and employees.
Total Rewards package designed to make your life better:
We offer health benefits, annual performance bonus, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, matching 401k contributions (immediate vesting), tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and much more!
Your next career move:
We are currently seeking an Associate Director, Drug Substance Manufacturing who will direct and provide expert knowledge in the day-to-day operations of the drug substance department and is responsible for overseeing and managing GMP drug substance campaigns. The position is developing the strategic and innovative approach required for the drug substance group. This position is accountable for all facets of the drug substance operations organization including budgeting, resourcing, prioritization, safety, growth strategy, and increasing efficiency through continuous improvement.
· With guidance, develops at the strategic level, while managing diligent execution at the tactical level. Directs the activities of the drug substance sub groups (upstream, downstream, support services, and investigation groups).
· Develops and leads high performance management team, directs the recruitment and development of staff. Establishes and communicates high performance standards, defines clear accountability, and leads by adopting improvement strategies to reduce operational variances and increase efficiency.
· Develops and consistently meets production, quality, compliance, financial and EH&S goals and objectives. Manages the drug substance budget. Oversees the design, development and implementation of manufacturing processes from inception to completion.
· Supervises activities including GMP manufacturing campaigns, scheduling, logistics, document production and review, client interactions, and technical transfer from and to clients.
· Builds effective partnerships with department heads & external clients to help drive the business toward achieving company objectives.
· Evaluates new projects, plans scope of programs, reviews project proposals, and represents Aji Bio-Pharma to current and potential clients.
· Listens attentively to internal departments and team members to relay information, responsibilities, and policies respectfully, effectively, and clearly.
· Commits to working in a team environment in support of the drug substance manufacturing group.
· Supports, encourages, and collaborates with others, especially in difficult and high pressure situations.
· Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
· Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
· Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Directs and provides expert knowledge in the strategic function of Drug Substance Manufacturing.
- Develops short and long-term people and organizational strategy in alignment with Aji Bio-Pharma goals and direction.
- Leads with impact & influence. Establishes credibility, effectively persuades and develops others, and achieves important objectives collaboratively.
- Identifies, recruits, and retains top-notch talent.
- Champions Aji Bio-Pharma’s culture and empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Sets performance standards and encourages employee engagement and results through delegation, continuous feedback, goal setting, and performance management.
- Maintains transparent communication. Appropriately communicates organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication.
· Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences discipline or equivalent required. Master’s or Doctorate degree preferred.
· Minimum of eight years (8) relevant experience in laboratory/manufacturing experience including process optimization, scale-up, cGMP. Minimum of four years (4) of leadership experience. Minimum of five years (5) of operations experience.
· Experience and ability to manage a large staff of multiple concurrent technical projects is required. The ability to interact in multi-functional teams and influence people to work together is essential.
· Balance of strategic thinking and strong analytical skills with ability to execute.
· Detail oriented and strong written verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be capable with Microsoft Office applications.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in California is $129,426.85 - $181,197.60
The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.