Associate Director, Engineering
El Seg, CA
Country:United States of America
Location:CA320: El Seg.-So. Campus Bldg E01 2000 East El Segundo Boulevard Building E01, El Segundo, CA, 90245 USA
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We’re looking for you. We’re seeking an Associate Director of Engineering with domain knowledge in RF mission payloads, EO/IR payloads, and capable of leading a technical team. Our team is developing the next generation of space systems architecture and space mission payloads. We would like to hear from you if you have the initiative and qualifications in Space Mission Payloads and Architecture.
In this position, the candidate will be accountable for the technical execution of the program and for supporting a cost-effective system solution. This senior technical position requires a top performer with strong space systems engineering, RF missions, payloads development, and EO/IR payload development. It also requires the ability to work in a multi-disciplined, cross functional team in the execution of program goals. This role will require regular engagement with the customer as well as with internal Engineering teams, and active participation in customer and program technical reviews. The Associate Director will serve as the key technical interface to the customer to determine the technical solution to their requirements. The candidate also plans, organizes, and leads technical reviews, supports the day-to-day operations, provides suggestions for technical decisions and designs, and interfaces directly with the Program Manager. The candidate will be responsible for meeting all technical requirements on the program.
Responsibilities of the Associate Director of Engineering include:
• Provide technical leadership on RF Mission Payload development
•Lead the development on EO/IR payloads
•Develop the technical vision and strategies of the program
• Develop payload integration activities, for RF and EO/IR systems
• Implement the technical vision and strategies of the program
• Provide project technical leadership and coordination
• Lead program readiness and design reviews
• Coordinate closely with the Program Manager regarding budget and schedule
• Provide engineering program execution and technical leadership, including on proposal development
• Provide engineering inputs to gates and independent reviews.
• Establish and maintain the program technical baseline, ensuring the product meets contractual needs, and establish technical baseline artifacts
• Provide technical support in developing and maintaining the analysis to predict overall system performance
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers
• Provide engineering authority to all decisions impacting product integrity, system performance, and system functionality.
• Coordinate, write, and deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers
• Mentor more junior engineers
• Minimum 12 years of experience in either systems engineering, mission payload development, space vehicle development, or space architecture development.
• Experience developing RF mission payloads
• Experience in space segment architecture
• Ability to work within a fast paced environment
• Experience with requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
• Demonstrated engineering leadership experience and proven track record
• Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), with prior experience in dealing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations.
• Experience leading teams and IPT’s, using tools and metrics in managing activities, and interfacing with senior program and functional management
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an Active DoD Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance as of Day 1 of employment
• Ability to access to US only data systems
• Intimately experienced developing all aspects of Mission System Engineering, Space development, Payload development, and Space Segment development
• MBSE experience in its applicability to Space Vehicle development
• Agile development experience
• Experience with behavior driven development (or test driven development)
• Technical experience with space systems and ground systems
• Experience in deploying a rigorous Integrated Product Development Process
• Experience participating in and leading critical design reviews
• Experience in cost/schedule development and management (EVMS)
• Skilled in proposal preparation, cost and schedule estimation and technical documentation related to contract deliverable items
• Proposal support experience including writing Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
• Experience in performing Mission Architecture & CONOPS analysis
• System level architecture & modeling experience
• Familiarity with requirements management tool such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field
- Master's Degree in STEM related field
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms