Associate Director, US Strategic Pricing and Access
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Foster City, CA
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
The Associate Director position within the Strategic Pricing and Access Insights team will be responsible for leading US pricing and market access insights focusing on the HIV Franchise (for both treatment and PrEP) and other therapeutic areas as needed and will report to the Senior Director and Head of the US Strategic Pricing and Access team.
For assigned therapy areas, the scope includes: analyzing and determining recommended launch and in-line pricing actions and conducting payer market research related to market access issues in close collaboration with the Managed Markets, Brand Marketing, and other relevant cross-functional partners .
Core responsibilities include the following:
- Lead comprehensive research plans with payers and other access stakeholders to address key US pricing and market access issues in collaboration with Managed Markets, Brand Marketing, and other relevant cross-functional partners based on analyses encompassing a range of strategic considerations
- Steer market research and analytic workstreams with the help of vendor partnerships to support pricing and access strategy decisions
- Partner closely with Managed Markets Marketing to execute therapeutic area specific market research leading to the development of the key value propositions for customers
- Support analysis and recommendation development for pipeline (e.g., launch price bands) and in-line pricing actions, working closely with Forecasting and Finance partners consistent with strategic objectives
- Develop State Price Transparency framework and tracks pricing information requests for HIV brands with functional partners (e.g., Legal, Global, Finance, Public Affairs)
- Collaborate with Managed Markets and Brand Marketing to develop meaningful customer value narrative approaches to support product coverage and access with payers better
- Monitor manufacturer pricing and access actions and reports these to management with meaningful context
- Asses historical launch and in-market pricing decisions/actions to support decision-making with the appropriate historical market and environmental context
- Ensure Gilead leverages' best practices' in executing strategic pricing analysis, including managing vendor projects, assessing/acquiring data sources, analytic techniques and frameworks, etc.
High School Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Associates Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience
PhD and Two Years' Experience
- MBA, Ph.D., or other advanced degree relevant to the position is preferred
- Experience in life sciences consulting, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and biotech industry strongly preferred
- 8-10+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience or life sciences consulting, including 2+ years of pricing/reimbursement, product strategy, market planning and/or financial analysis experience
- Prior HIV Treatment Experience is preferred but not required
- Experience conducting primary market research among payers as well as secondary data and benchmarking analyses is required
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in pharmaceutical payer market research and pricing analysis
- Strong data analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex insights both orally and in writing across all levels of management
- Experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research, especially among payers and within a complex reimbursement environment
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities, including the ability to plan, prioritize, set objectives, manage meetings, and execute plans
- Balances technical expertise with strategic thinking, including a firm grasp of complex analytics & modeling techniques that support a range of strategic decisions
The salary range for this position is: $185,895.00 - $240,570.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.ID:uDnQdo