Associate Liaison Engineer
Associate Liaison Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Portland, OR
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us. Our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting-edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
Join Boeing Production Engineering in building our next generation of amazing products. Each day, you'll work alongside experts in production, quality, design, and supply chain roles to guide aircraft from design to delivery and beyond. Bring your ideas to Boeing and help shape the future of aerospace manufacturing.
- Applies basic knowledge of Boeing design and/or engineering principles to develop interim or final engineering solutions to product/process issues throughout production and/or for technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Analyzes, conducts failure analysis, root cause analysis and troubleshoots to understand root cause.
- Provides assistance to identify solutions.
- Provides written dispositions for routine design non-conformances.
- Supports activities to identify deviations that could impact design intent and safety and product/process improvements.
- Develops routine customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in Material Review Boards and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs).
- Ensures supplier and build partner comply with Boeing standards.
- Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment.
- Recommends simple non-destructive test procedures, tools, standards.
- Conducts simple static strength analysis to validate interim design repairs meet original design loads criteria.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Must currently possess a Bachelor's or Masters of Science degree from an ABET accredited course of study in Engineering.
- 1 or more years of experience in structures/design engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years of experience in structures/ design engineering.
- 1 or more years of experience working with MRB (Material Review Board) activities related to aircraft structures.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Relocation assistance is a benefit for this position.
- Boeing is a Drug-Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our policies.
- This position is for the 1st shift
- This is an onsite position.
- This is a union-represented position.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for Level 2: $79,050 – 106,950
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6H6BI2 (62E)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)