Associate Manager, NA Marketing
Deb USA, Inc.
Joining the team at SC Johnson Professional® makes you part of a family company with a deep history in the professional market as a leading manufacturer of skincare, cleaning and hygiene products, and smart technologies. We provide solutions to Healthcare, Clean Industrial, Industrial, Office & Institutional, Hospitality & Travel, and Retail & Entertainment markets.
SC Johnson Professional® is a business unit within SC Johnson, a family-owned and led company and leading manufacturer of quality, trusted products since 1886.
The Associate Manager, NA Marketing is responsible for all aspects of marketing including the portfolio management, new product development, planning, implementation, and execution of the go to market strategy for their assigned segment. The Associate Manager will serve as the subject matter expert in all marketing-related activities through various channels with the objective of driving and attaining high sales figures and executing sustainable growth plans and strategies.
The Associate Manager, NA Marketing will report to the NA Marketing Manager and the responsibility for the role is to develop and manage growth strategies, and all marketing activities for their assigned segment.
The Associate Manager, NA Marketing will develop and prioritize a deep understanding of the problems facing end users in their segment of responsibility. The person in this role will work cross functionally to develop appropriate solutions for those problems that will establish SCJP as a best-in-class partner and ultimately position the company for sustainable long-term growth. The candidate must enjoy and prioritize spending time in the market to understand customer issues and finding innovative solutions that will appeal to the market overall.
The person must also be prepared to live the company values daily and act with transparency and integrity always.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to drive the development and implementation of the annual and long-term strategies for their assigned segment. These strategies should be designed to facilitate the consistent delivery of profitable growth, that meets or exceeds the overall segment growth rates.
• Lead the development of a robust segmentation analysis for their assigned segment that clearly identifies opportunity spaces (with rationale/relevance) for SCJP to target. Also, it should include the sizing of the market spaces, our current share of the market, coupled with a clear articulation of our realistic opportunity to grow in this space (right to win) and the plan to do so.
• Ensure we have a clear, simple articulation of our value prop in their segment.
• Must put understanding and serving the end user in their segment at the core of everything they do. Must clearly understand their needs, and help the organization identify, prioritize, and provide solutions to those needs.
• Must be able to mine and analyze data to generate key insights that will enable the sales organization to be confident engaging end users and providing solutions to the problems they have.
• Must be able to break down the competition and their offerings relative to SCJP’s offerings to further assess spaces where we are well positioned to win in the market and spaces where we need to improve our current portfolio of offerings/solutions.
• Play a major role in developing an overall pricing architecture/philosophy for our products in their segment to include our current position vs competition as well as recommendations for changes we need to make in our pricing approach moving forward.
• Work with Product Marketing to manage the product portfolio overall and the entire product life cycle – new product introductions, SKU rationalization or transition, portfolio enhancements, forecasting, etc.
- More specifically, work with Product Manager to drive our product innovation process (NPD and EPD) to include clear assessments of where we have gaps in our current portfolio relative to end user needs, build succinct, well defined scoping documents to clearly define the need(s) and assist in shepherding the project(s) through the process to launch. Included in this work is the ability to work cross functionally with sales and supply chain to ensure we have a realistic forecast, supported by appropriate inventory levels and robust launch plans.
• Work with Communications to:
- Ensure we have the proper support materials, approvals, and messaging to effectively communicate product relevance/value prop to the market overall.
- Create/develop literature, in line with approved claims and messaging overall.
- Identify, prioritize, and align on the communication mediums of choice.
- Ensure all appropriate stakeholders are aware of any portfolio changes.
• Manage the design and delivery of sales training plans and materials pertaining to their segment to ensure the company and its distribution partners are positioned to maximize their potential.
• Participate actively and drive lead generation initiatives to ensure customer acquisition and retention initiatives are fully supported.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• 5+ years of successful related business experience, preferably product marketing related with a strong technical aptitude.
• University degree or equivalent in related field
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Must be equally comfortable and adept at leading through influence.
• B2B experience preferred.
• Demonstrated success working as an integral cross functional team member.
• Comprehensive understanding of product marketing and planning process
• Strong cross-functional management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively utilize internal resources to meet project deadlines and objectives.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to listen and access customer needs, prioritize needs/requirements, and communicate them cross-functionally.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and experience with graphic design-based software including Adobe Design
- This position sits onsite in our Charlotte NC office. Remote work is available one day per week for eligible employees.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe Inclusion and Diversity is more than a program. We embed inclusive practices in our day-to-day work, the way we relate to our colleagues, collaborate and make decisions.
We value the collective richness of the differences people bring to the organization, including style, personality, thoughts, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability – that enables all to bring their full contributions to the organization
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.ID:uDnQdo