Associate Mfg Systems Engineer – (Automation)
Thousand Oaks, CA
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Associate Mfg Systems Engineer
What you will do
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world! As a member of the Amgen Manufacturing & Clinical Supplies – Facilities & Engineering (MCS-F&E) Automation team you will support B7 EPO Commercial Drug Substance plant operations This includes complex and challenging system automation initiatives that require understanding of various automation platforms, integration between multiple platforms, analytical problem-solving techniques, critical thinking, lifecycle management and Operational Excellence.
The responsibilities of the role will include
- Develop and maintain process control automation solutions applying DeltaV Distributed Control System (DCS), Rockwell Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA), ABB robotics, and Mitsubishi roller bottle machine.
- Support technical root cause analysis, incident investigations, and trouble shooting on process control issues related to plant operations.
- Own change control records, CAPA records and deviations as it relates to Automation systems.
- Support functional area projects focused on improving process equipment, cleaning systems and utilities to ensure reliability of drug substance manufacturing facility.
- Support Department and construction capital projects by performing automation engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes, and supporting engineering and process qualification runs as applicable.
- Provide Continuous Improvement initiatives including Safety, Reliability, Efficiency and Environmental sustainability improvements to meet Amgen’s Ambitious goals.
- Maintain Data Integrity Assessments with the current Amgen and Industry standards.
- Support Review by Exception (RbE) functionality for all EPO systems that includes product Batch records, cleaning, and sterilization systems, Audit trail and version control systems.
- Be knowledgeable about compliance and regulatory aspects for operation and maintenance, equipment validation, and support regulatory inspections and audits.
Day-to-day Operational Support including:
- Direct Manufacturing Support required for Critical Operations
- 24 x 7 Onsite/On Call as required.
- Trouble shooting Support to Manufacturing operations, cleaning systems, plant utilities and Building management system
- Automation System Administration
- Automation System Operating Systems (OS) security patching and HotFix assessments and rollout
- Daily manufacturing and engineering work center team meetings
- Preventative and corrective maintenance
- Automation System spare parts management
- Business Process Improvements including departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The outstanding professional we seek is a candidate with these qualifications.
Associate’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in developing process control strategies in Clinical/Commercial Drug Substance Plant Operations.
- Familiarity with Upstream and Downstream unit operations.
- Knowledge of Automation design, experience in process control engineering and trouble shooting with GMP biopharmaceutical production facility equipment/systems such as media, harvest, bioreactors, and ultrafiltration/diafiltration, roller bottle processing, and integrating various OEM automation software
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis. The annualized base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $40.23 to $45.76.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Salary Range83,671.00 USD - 95,185.00 USD ID:uDnQdo