Associate – Parts Counter Sales
MacAllister Machinery Co., Inc.
Terre Haute, IN
This position assists customers in ordering parts and supports the growth of MacAllister Parts Sales, which provides parts to walk and/or call-in heavy equipment and engine customers. Representative duties include providing customer service and parts orders assistance to walk and/or call-in customers and the heavy equipment and engine service departments, locating parts and ordering them over the computer, processing all backorders and returns for customers and service department, increasing profits by recognizing potential sales opportunities and capitalizing on them, providing PSSR’s and EMC’s with sales leads, process credit card orders.
- Provides customer service to establish a positive, cooperative, working relationships with customers by assisting walk and/or call-in customers and internal departments with parts related issues, including ordering parts on the computer, back-ordering parts on the computer, assessing appropriate restocking charges, suggesting associated replacement parts and new product ideas, and providing product support literature.
- Maintains the counter sales area, including keeping the area clean and organized to ensure safe working conditions and maintaining the cash drawer.
- Assists in accomplishing the department’s financial goals by recognizing potential sales opportunities, including suggesting associated replacement parts, suggesting new product ideas, providing sales leads to PSSR’s and EMC’s, and sharing responsibility for all results, including profitability, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
- Develops a cooperative and positive working relationship with other department employees to ensure quality work is being performed and schedules are being met.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Caterpillar to resolve customer complaints and internal departments, to assure customer satisfaction.
- Process parts warranty claims.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or the equivalent with some formal computer training preferred.
- 1-2 years of work related experience in a parts, field service or shop repair environment as a mechanic, field technician, foreman, parts counter person, etc. or the equivalent. Some Caterpillar and customer service experience is preferred.
- Good communication skills, including excellent listening, strong verbal, good non-verbal and basic written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, good prospecting skills, and the ability to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Strong decision-making skills with good creative thinking skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and a good ability to administer warranties and interpret and apply policies, procedures and guidelines.
- A good knowledge of the product market with a strong respect for the Caterpillar influence and a basic knowledge of the product with a working knowledge of the product’s location on the machine and the product’s function and service interval requirements.
- An excellent ability to operate industry specific database, PC and main frame programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including influence, negotiation, coaching and counseling.
- A good ability to manage conflict and project management skills with a basic ability to manage change.
- Excellent cash handling skills and the ability to use G.E.T. and undercarriage conversion guides [PSK Books].
- The ability to operate a fork lift safely and efficiently.
- The ability to work overtime and be on-call as needed, including weekends.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)ID:uDnQdo