Associate Pavement Engineer – Land
Fugro USA Land
Fugro has multiple openings for qualified pavement engineers in its Austin, Texas office. Positions will be filled based on applicant’s education, experience, and qualifications. Engineers at all level are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates will apply extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of Pavement Engineering and Infrastructure Asset Management. Make decisions on engineering problems and methods.
- The ideal candidate(s) will work with Fugro team to plan, develop, coordinate, and direct large important engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features with a staff of engineers and technicians.
- Depending on job placement, participate in/or carry out complex and novel assignments requiring the development of new or refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or scientific methods.
- Participate in selecting project team, assign duties, answer questions, monitor progress and check accuracy of completed work.
- Estimate workforce needs and schedules and assign work to meet completion dates.
- Ensure commitments to clients are met in budget, timeliness and accuracy to maintain close relationship with client and Fugro staff throughout development of project and beyond.
- Meet utilization as determined by senior management.
- Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including the safety program and quality management system.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Able to meet deadlines. Able to work while under stress.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- M.S. or a Ph.D. degree from accredited college or university in Civil Engineering. A B.S. degree with years of experience in the pavement engineering will also be considered.
- License as a Professional Civil Engineer is highly desired.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Ability to competently and professionally present project materials in client meetings, including identifying and mitigating client concerns.
- Excellent written communication skills including comprehensive understanding of writing for engineering documents and related terminology.
- Superior technical knowledge of engineering discipline with commitment to continual improvement.
- Stay abreast of current professional practices, periodicals, and technological advancements in engineering.
- Maintain meaningful involvement in professional organizations.
- Advanced knowledge of technology including standard office and engineering software and equipment
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law supplement poster