Associate Piping Designer IV
Job DescriptionOperating under detailed instructions and review, the purpose of this position is to provide the essential technical knowledge and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor's competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. The purpose of this position is to work on design and perform 3D layout of limited scope to support the Design Area Lead or Lead.
• Prepare advanced complexity 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Provide close interface with other discipline functions
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Plan, organize, and carry out assignments as directed
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements• A combination of education and directly related experience equal to three (3) years; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Preferred Qualifications• Accredited two (2) year degree or global equivalent in technical field of study
• Knowledge of commercial availability and cost of materials
• Practical field experience
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
Other Job Requirements• U.S. Citizenship required.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
BenefitsFluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.