Associate Principal Scientist
Sabra Dipping Co., LLC
Colonial Heights, VA
Founded in 1986 in Queens, New York, Sabra Dipping Company is a leader in the refrigerated dips and spreads category and producer of America's top-selling hummus. Sabra's award-winning products offer consumers fresh new ways of eating and connecting and include a variety of flavors of hummus and guacamole. Our people are driven by our purpose to unite and delight the world around planet positive food and are committed to supporting individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip Into This Role
- Lead the development of new ingredients and technologies focusing on plant-based products ranging from protein sources to fibers, flavors and/or emulsifiers.
- Lead concept ideation, investigate and assess new ingredients, collaborate with cross-functional teams for technology development and evaluation, design and lead overall long-term strategy for the innovation pipeline to meet mid to long-term needs.
- Maintain partnerships with external institutes, suppliers, and other B2B relationships to curate leading-edge depth and breadth of knowledge in areas including food science, food processing, product development, flavor, agricultural and sensory science.
- Develop and execute medium- and long-term innovation programs and projects in support of the business goals and objectives.
- Investigate, experiment, and provide documented feedback on process and ingredient capability, claims, and efficacy during both early and late-stage process/product development as well as scalability internal at external production sites
- Translate previous results into new experiments that will lead to lower costs and/or process improvements while assessing viability of routes utilizing low-cost raw materials
- Collaborate and guide technology transfer initiatives with regional R&D team.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners, including quality, regulatory, supply chain, manufacturing technology, procurement, packaging, external ingredient suppliers and internal manufacturing colleagues to ensure successful development and launch
Recipe for Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food technology, Bio/Chemistry or food science areas of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product development, ingredient research and/or RTE food research is required
- Passion for food and innovation
- Able to define processes and paths forward with ambiguity exists
- Complex problem-solving skills and imagination
- Able to identify gaps in data/process and create and implement solutions
- Experience leading projects and/or teams required
- Strong knowledge of experimental design required
- The ability to communicate findings to senior technical leadership internally and customers externally
- Basic understanding of product development, sensory science, process technology, etc.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Sabra has applied an anti-COVID mindset in alignment with our business imperative of keeping employee safety and well-being first. All U.S.-based Sabra employees must provide proof of a fully completed COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. On or before the first day of employment, new joiners must provide a copy of his/her COVID-19 vaccination record from the dispensing doctor, clinic, or pharmacy. Sabra will provide reasonable accommodation(s) in accordance with federal, state, and local law.
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.ID:uDnQdo