Associate Process/Specialty Engineer I
Job DescriptionAre you a process engineer that is looking for more than just a job?
Are you excited by working together with very talented people on projects that make a difference?
Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build complex and challenging capital projects for our clients? We are actively involved in the following exciting industries:
• Life Science Industry: Designing production facilities for Flu Vaccines, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for important drugs, Blood Fractionation for the life-saving plasma industry, and more.
• Advanced Technologies: Including the fast-paced Semiconductor Industry, Smart Batteries, and Datacenters.
• Advanced Manufacturing: Foods (Sugar, Potato Chips), Beverages (Distilled Spirits), Fast Moving Consumer Goods, and Sustainable Products and Technology.
Do you care about Safety and Sustainability like we do at Fluor?
If you do, keep reading!
Our Fluor office in Greenville, SC is looking for an enthusiastic team member with a can-do attitude that supplements our growing process team.
What we are currently looking for is an Associate Process/Specialty Engineer I
This is a junior process engineering position where you will enhance and expand your engineering capabilities working on intermediate systems under the supervision of a more senior process engineer.
Typical tasks are:
• Perform process engineering assignments such as creating P&IDs (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams) and working on PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams)
• Participate in P&ID and Safety reviews.
• Perform pump hydraulics, line sizing, equipment sizing, calculating heat duty, specifying instrument data
• Understand and follow baseline documents for your project such as the prime contract, scope of work and schedule
• Get familiar with and apply Fluor's practices and procedures.
• Job complexities and responsibilities will quickly increase as experience is gained
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and no required previous years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• BS or MS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical or Bio-Engineering
• Experience in Microsoft tools - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable industry guidelines and regulations.
• Attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Preferred Qualifications• Engineer-in-Training achievement status accomplished
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
• Practical field experience
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
• Familiarity with process simulator tools such as Aspen or Hysys
• Familiarity with a hydraulic sizing program such as AFT Fathom and AFT Arrow
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
BenefitsFluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.