Simpson Strong-Tie Co., Inc.
Simpson Strong-Tie is a leader in engineered structural connectors, software, and solutions for the building industry. We maintain a reputation as a trusted manufacturer, partner, and corporate citizen committed to our customers and employees.
Our founder, Barc Simpson established 9 Principles of Business we live out as company values and have made Simpson Strong-Tie an inspiring place to work since 1956. Our team of talented people are dedicated to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
Learn about our company culture directly from our team.
The position of Welder represents the final step in the actual fabrication process. This process involves the production welding of various gauges and types of metals to produce parts per drawings and Simpson specifications.
Weekend Shift Hours are Fri - Sun 6:00AM - 6:30 PM. You will receive a $2.50 shift differential for every hour worked.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Set up the welding machine, gather work, read prints, stage work, weld parts. Comprehend and apply written and / or verbal instructions. Produce Quality parts in a safe manner. Communicate with coworkers and leadership. Operate other production machinery with training as directed. (80%)
Use both manual and powered hand tools. (5%)
Place finished product in tri-walls or cartons, apply labels as needed. (5%)
Read tape measure to 1/32” tolerance, use protractor to measure angles. (5%)
Keep area clean. (5%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Simpson Strong-Tie Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification (will certify at hire) preferred.
- One-year related manufacturing experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and training in a production welding environment required
- Safety: consistently exemplify the highest of safety standards and monitor others to the same standards.
- Attendance: able to consistently demonstrate reliable, punctual attendance
- Mathematical Reasoning: able to apply basic algebraic and geometric concepts. Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimal equivalents.
- Reading Comprehension: able to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and related correspondence. Able to write work procedures and instructions.
- Writing: able to write routine reports, safety bulletins and procedure manuals
- Technical: working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Simpson computer applications.
- Problem Solving: able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Analysis/ Reasoning: able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Speaking: able to effectively communicate in group settings and one-on-one, with all departments and at all levels within the organization.
- Leadership: proven ability to effectively lead by motivating, coaching and mentoring team members. Proven ability to prioritize work and champion change. Willing to compassionately hold others accountable and to be held accountable.
- Measurements: able to read a tape measure to 1/32” tolerance and to use combination squares to measure angles to +/- 1 degree.
This job requires no domestic travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in McKinney, TX.
Relocation is not available for this position.
$19.00 / hour
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNowID:uDnQdo