Audiovisual (AV) Programmer – III
Digital Networks Group
Lake Forest, CA
Avidex is growing! Avidex is the 7th largest audiovisual systems integrator in the US, and we are seeking an experienced Audiovisual (AV) Programmer - III to support rapid business growth. As the Audiovisual (AV) Programmer - III, you will be integral to our company success by assisting with the maintenance of company standards for control systems programming. We are striving to enable organizations to collaborate and create state-of-the-art audiovisual and unified communication technologies that enhance the way people work, learn and live. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, innovation, trust and collaboration.
A strong background and experience in the high-level of detailed technical knowledge of AV systems, including networking, audio and visual equipment and its associated software and programming is essential to succeed in this role.
As an integral member of the team, you are essential in creating control systems programming and providing supprot for it in the field.
Company Benefits Include:
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with up to 3 employee match
- A minimum 120 hours of Paid Time Off + 9 Paid Holidays
- 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off
- Pet Insurance and other voluntary benefits
- Welcoming and friendly work environment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career and personal development opportunity
Responsibilites May Include:
- Provide advanced programming and graphic touch panel interface layouts to assigned project teams for integrated AV/IT systems using primarily Crestron, AMX, and Extron, possibly C++, C#, VB, PHP, Java, HTML 5, and other programming languages as needed to meet project scope, budget, and schedule
- Provide support and expertise to project teams through advanced programming, equipment configuration, troubleshooting, and documentation.
- Providing onsite support by implementing, testing, and debugging control and graphical user interface code as an individual or as a part of a commissioning team.
- Setup, configure, and test wired and wireless networks that support AV/IT systems.
- Responsible for organizing, maintaining, and archiving all job-related code, graphic touch panel layouts, and programs on the company server.
- Participate in an on-going dialog with the project team to ensure that the system’s quality and performance meets the job’s requirements to obtain a Final Acceptance approval from the client.
- Responsible for accurate mark-ups of field documentation and maintaining and archiving all job-related configuration files, code, graphic touch panel layouts, and programs in a timely manner.
- Responsible for creating and managing the code repository in conjunction with the company-wide programming team.
- Responsible for working with company-wide programming team to define the backup strategy.
- Responsible for defining the coding methodology and testing requirements for all code, including: Development cycle, Code review, code testing and release, code archiving to repository
- Maintain accountability amongst associate level programmers by conducting periodic code reviews.
- Spearhead efforts that aim to increase coding efficiency, accuracy, and re-usability.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience. A Bachelor’s degree in programming preferred.
- Must attain a CompTIA Network+ certification within two years of starting this position.
- Must have an AVIXA CTS certification.
- Must have two or more of the following certifications: Crestron Master Programmer, Extron Certified Control Professional, Extron Authorized Programmer, QSC Q-SYS Level 2, or AMX ACE
- 6+ years’ previous experience providing technical AV/IT and/or programming.
- Possess excellent computer skills, including expertise in operating both Windows and Apple software;
- Highly proficient using Python, HTML, C#Pro, or similar types of programming languages, as well as knowledge of digital communications protocols such as IP, RS232, RS485, and all forms of USB.
- Must have proficiency in loading, testing, and editing control code and graphical user interface files from numerous AV manufacturers such as AMX, Crestron, Extron, and others.
- An advanced proficiency configuring wired and wireless TCP/IP networks.
- Work hours will vary according to individual projects. Some jobs may require early, late, or weekend commitments.
- Work sites vary from finished executive boardrooms to new construction sites. Most of the work is indoors, but site conditions vary drastically. Appropriate dress is required.
- Must be able to sit at desk using a PC with hands and fingers for long periods of time; some standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, crouching, lifting, and carrying required.