Auto Body Sander/Prepper
Mickey Truck Bodies, Inc.
High Point, NC
1st Shift 6:30 am- 5 pm Monday to Thursday with Overtime on Friday as needed for production
Do you have experience prepping vehicles or auto body repair skills? Are you interested in working for a locally based, family run company? If you answered yes to these questions, we have the job for you!
Mickey Truck Bodies is a premier manufacturer of state-of-the-art bodies and trailers and specially engineered vehicles sold in over 50 countries around the world. The innovative product line-up is prevalent in industries such as food & beverage, vending, propane, rental trucks, emergency & rescue, furniture, battery, oil & natural gas, and data storage. The company operates a total of 500,000 square feet of manufacturing and fleet services space among 6 separate locations (High Point and Thomasville, NC; Bloomington, IL; Ocala, FL; Freehold NJ; and Berwick, PA.) There are 410 total Mickey employees at these locations.
Since it was founded in High Point, NC in 1904, Mickey has remained privately-owned and operated by the Mickey family, now in its 4th generation of ownership and leadership.
Mickey Truck Bodies offers employees a competitive compensation and benefit package including:
- Productivity and Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Employee cost share)
- Wellness Plan with Incentives
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance with AD&D Policy
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Supplemental Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance plans
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity Policy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal Shield
The prepper is responsible to perform proper preparation of surfaces for the application of painting materials to exterior and interior surfaces.
- Masks glass, trim and other parts not to be painted
- Cleans, sands, and prepares surfaces for painting
- Cleans and maintains spray guns and other painting equipment
- Clean up work area daily
- Ability to read and interpret plans for correct application of product.
Required Education, Knowledge & Skills:
- 2-4 years automotive body prep experience
- Maintain a safe work environment, achieve productivity goals, and be familiar with the quality standards.
- Successfully complete a pulmonary function test for respirator use
- Successfully complete CRT (physical) test with rating of Medium or higher
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manual, and written directions
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions give, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to perform simple shop math.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Requires ability to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Requires ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- Specific vision ability required includes close, distance, color, and peripheral vision with depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Manufacturing work environment that has frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, noise intensity level, proximity to moving mechanical parts and exposure to weather.
Mickey Truck Bodies and Subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services