Johnson Matthey Pharmaceutical Materials
West Deptford, NJ
Together for a cleaner, healthier world.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 14,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
Platinum Group Metal Services (PGMS) is a leading refiner and recycler of precious group metals. The growing demand for low carbon and responsibly sourced products is creating growth opportunities in critical metals recycling and secondary refining, and as the world’s largest precious metals recycler, PGMS is a key player in the circular economy.
To provide leadership in developing automation strategy and sustainable practices to improve overall process safety through design and implementation of instrumentation, automation and local interlock systems. Incumbent will work directly with ICE team, electrical engineers and ICE engineer, and outside resources to accomplish these goals.
This position is accountable for development and implementation of an automation strategy at the West Deptford PGMS site. The strategy must include standardizing process control systems and safety systems to prevent losses of primary containment, over-reactions, and human factors errors. Strategy must also account for process control and safety system redundancies. Strategy must include both stand alone, local controls where appropriate, as well as integrated systems via PLC control. Strategy must also include alarm management and data historian systems, as well as asset integrity system to maintain and validate the systems periodically.
The position will work closely with the operations, process safety, project and process engineering teams to review existing process control systems and identify and implement changes to improve the functionality and consistency of these systems. The systems to be reviewed include PLC programming, instrumentation and other associated hardware, including managing obsolescence.
- Review existing process control equipment to ensure installation meets design; recommend and implement improvements
- Review existing process control programming to ensure installation meets design; recommend and implement improvements
- Review existing PLC and HMI hardware application and recommend and implement changes to ensure consistency and functionality
- Review current data tracking and trend information and implement changes to ensure proper data is being recorded
- Review current alarm systems for consistency and appropriateness. Recommend and implement changes to ensure consistency and functionality of alarms, including alarm tracking.
- Review existing SISs and develop PPM program to ensure appropriate testing is being performed and documented
- Work closely with process engineers, ICE team, and PSRM to design and install effective process control systems as required
- Work closely with PSRM and process engineers to investigate LOPC and other incidents to determine root causes, with an eye to making process control improvement where practicable
- Work closely with process engineers, ICE team, and PSRM to reduce reliance on manual operations
- Align, upgrade and expand our current SISs to Chemicals Industry and JM Group standards
- Develop robust site standards for SIS and controls
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering with a minimum five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment OR any equivalent relevant combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills as it relates to automated production machinery. Ability to interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Advanced knowledge of PLC programming and Graphic Interface Software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook)
- Some weekend work is to be expected
- Experience with chemical process equipment, including: level transmitters and switches, temperature measurement, automated valves, VFDs, and sensors
- Experience with alarm system management desirable
- Experience with data collection and data reporting systems desirable
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC’s desirable
How you will be rewarded:
We offer a competitive compensation and JM Elements benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and 20 days annual leave (varies for shift- based roles). Our JM Elements Benefits programme helps our employees understand and manage the JM benefits, as well as helping you focus on your overall wellbeing – for you and your family.
We use our inspiring science and technology to enhance lives. For those who are passionate about sustainable solutions and shaping our markets, we offer stretch and a wealth of diverse opportunities.
We’ll give you freedom to bring your whole self to work and be part of a team where difference matters and all voices are heard, that genuinely cares for you and where your contribution is appreciated. We’ll empower you to lean in and make things happen, to create solutions and value for our customers. United by our values and vision, we’re self-starters sharing the same values and accountability and always with a shared commitment to doing the right thing. We’re passionate about making a difference and delivering a better tomorrow for us and for you – a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.
Johnson Matthey is open for discussion on part time, job share and flexible working patterns.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please let your recruiter know when they contact you.
If you are already a Johnson Matthey Employee, please visit the internal careers site to apply: Find Jobs - Workday (myworkday.com)
All applications are carefully considered and your details will be stored on our secure Application Management System. This is used throughout Johnson Matthey for the selection of suitable candidates for our vacancies as they arise. Johnson Matthey respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. For more information about how your personal data is used please view our privacy notice: Johnson Matthey Privacy Notice
You will be contacted by the Johnson Matthey Talent Acquisition team once your details have been reviewed. Please allow four weeks from the closing date to allow for screening to take place.
We appreciate the time and effort taken in completing an application.
By applying for this role and creating an account you are agreeing to Johnson Matthey Privacy Notice
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.ID:uDnQdo