Dakota Supply Group
Sioux Falls, SD
Dakota Supply Group (DSG) is seeking an Automation Specialist to join our Sioux Falls, SD Automation Team. In this full time, hourly position, work typically ranges between the hours of 6:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, but may vary on occasion according to business needs. As an Automation Specialist, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive technical customer support on projects currently in the field, including start-ups, installs, problem-solving, etc. When not servicing customers, the Automation Specialist will assist with developing and assembling custom, as well as OEM projects.
DSG is a people-centric, customer-obsessed, and growth-focused wholesale distributor. With over 130,000 (and growing!) products, not only are we one of the most diversified suppliers in the upper Midwest, we also have expertise in electrical, HVAC, plumbing, waterworks, utility, communications, and more! We have fun, we are friendly, and we embody a culture that genuinely cares for people far beyond their job title. Our purpose is to serve fellow employee owners, our partners, and communities toward building a better America, one job at a time. We are proud to be 100% employee owned, with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that gives our employee owners a unique opportunity to build their personal wealth in addition to a traditional retirement plan.
A Typical Day in the Life of an Automation Specialist at DSG:
- Visit customer sites in response to customer service calls
- Manage Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) startups
- Assemble electrical control panels
- Work with VFDs, sensors, radio equipment, programming software motor controls, PLC Equipment (Schneider)
- Design, Build and Test panels from customer specifications
- Work closely with engineering staff for efficient delivery of equipment for customer base
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Successful Automation Specialist Typically Has:
- Previous controls experience.
- A contractors or electricians license (not required but strongly preferred).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills (communication, customer service, team player).
- Driver’s license and a clean driving record required due to travel to service calls on job sites and equipment installations.
- Tools needed to accomplish work (basic hand tools).
- Understanding of electrical drawings/schematics.
- General PC Knowledge (Work / Excel / Auto Cad) a plus.
At DSG, We Offer Benefits Built for You:
- We are proudly 100% employee owned, which means your hard work and decisions directly benefit not only the success of the organization, but also your individual Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- We are highly committed to your training and development, offering personal and professional development opportunities and unlimited growth potential.
- We offer competitive compensation packages based on your experience and potential.
- You will receive generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Medical Leave (EML) allowances.
- Our comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, also offers a multitude of other perks such as life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution, among many others.
- You will have the opportunity to prepare for your future through multiple retirement savings opportunities, including a 401(k) with employer match and ESOP.
- You will receive a discount on all DSG-supplied products.
- We believe in giving back to our communities and hope that you will too, which is why we offer paid volunteer hours in addition to PTO.