OverviewPactiv Evergreen is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are subject to a drug test (excluding THC*/marijuana/cannabis) and background check at the time of offer. *THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law.
AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN, HIRING IMMEDIATELY !!!! GREENSBORO
· Eligible for annual & skill-based wage increases
· Add EXTRA money to your paycheck by referring friends and family
· Eligible for monthly bonus based upon plant productivity*
· Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans and an HSA plan)
· Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
· Vision (basic and premier coverage)
· Prescription drug coverage
· 401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds immediately)
· New Hire Wellness Bonus
· Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending accounts
· Livongo diabetes program
· Corporate discounts
TEXT TO APPLY PTVE @ 97211
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Tapes end of extruded article to reel spindle and starts machine that winds material onto revolving spindle.
- Measures extruded article with measuring wheel and cuts it to specified length, using a knife.
- Remove roll from spindle with a forklift and weigh roll on scale. Then records length and weight of roll on shipping tag.
- Saws scrap tubes and rods into lengths for grinding in a hammer mill.
- May mix thermoplastic materials, according to formula, for feeding the extrusion machine.
- Set up the extrusion machine by inputting information into a computer console, set roll gaps to precise sizes, and ensures quality control is production grade.
- Monitor all extrusion machines to ensure that all working parts are in alignment.
- Troubleshoots all areas and working parts of the extrusion machine.
- Must be available at all times throughout his / her shift and able to assist on other shifts when problems arise.
- Installs dies, mandrels, containers, heating coils, press tools, extrusion heads, and run-out bridging in press, using hand tools.
- Regulates rate of extrusion to prevent metal rupture and adherence of metal to container walls.
- Record data, such as crew time, number of billets used and items processed.
- Housekeeping on a daily basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
42 miles east of Winston-Salem, Greensboro is a city in North Carolina. The Greensboro Science Center houses red pandas, sharks and a hands-on museum. Nearby, Guilford Courthouse National Military Park has displays on the American Revolution. Video re-enactments and interactive exhibits trace the civil rights struggle at the International Civil Rights Center & Museum. The Bog Garden is a wetlands area with flowers, birds and an elevated boardwalk.
The plant was built in 1977 manufactures polystyrene foam protein trays, and has approximately 190 employees. In 2015, The Greensboro facility received an award from the State of North Carolina for working over one million hours without an OSHA lost time.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Pactiv Evergreen employees are subject to post-hire drug and alcohol testing in accordance with company policies.