Automation Technician I
Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair, upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer expectations.
Job Title: Automation Technician I
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tests, inspect and adjust sensors, meters, gauges and controllers for accuracy.
- Able to read and identify components on a control's drawings.
- The ability to identify mechanical equipment on drawings (chillers, boilers, pumps, AHU’s, FCU’s, VAV’s, etc.)
- Understand basic electrical control circuits including 24VAC power and controller input/outputs
- Understand simple controls networking principles
- Display knowledge of controls hardware
- Ability to implementation systems graphics per project scope
- Replaces defective wiring and tubing
- Records calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand
- Prepares schematic drawings, sketches and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems for as-built drawings
- Monitor, identify and diagnose potential problems using computer workstations and on-site observations
- Interface with the installation or maintenance team members to execute installations, repairs or modifications of controlled systems and equipment
- Schedule equipment run times as requested and produce system reports of trends, histories, etc.
Job Specifications (incl. Education requirements, minimal experience, computer skills required, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably Electrical or Mechanical) or equivalent field experience
- Working knowledge of at least one HVAC controls systems (preferably, Tridium, Distech, Delta, JCI or Andover)
- Knowledge of mechanical systems
- Engineering skills required include knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics and computer programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with control system architecture design, programing or maintenance desired
- Good computer skills, understanding of controls networking
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet MVR requirements to operate a company vehicle.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.