AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKET INSTRUCTOR – Philadelphia, PA – $3,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Rtn Remote, PA
Country:United States of America
Location:RPA99: RTN Remote, Pennsylvania
Vertex - Technology & Training Solutions - AUTOMOTIVE AFTERMARKET INSTRUCTOR - Philadelphia, PA - $3,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS!
The position you are applying for is with Vertex Technology & Training Solutions which was formerly Raytheon Global Training & Logistics. The Vertex Company acquired Raytheon Global Training & Logistics in December 2021.
The Vertex Company is a services solutions provider that operates as a federal government prime contractor. With over 7,000 employees in 200 locations worldwide, the Mississippi-based company offers vertically integrated solutions for defense and commercial customers.
Delivering integrated turnkey lifecycle support from concept definition, to engineering and manufacturing, through end of life support of complex systems and platforms, Vertex offerings include all levels of aviation maintenance, worldwide contractor logistics support, systems engineering and integration, specialized onsite mission execution, high consequence training programs for defense and commercial customers, and integrated supply-chain solutions. Over our 50 year history, we have perfected the balance of cost, schedule, and performance to offer high-quality solutions that consistently exceed customer requirements.
The Vertex Company is a Federal Contractor and must comply with Federal mandates. All employees may be required to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of continued employment. A medical or religious accommodation may be granted on a case-by-case basis. In order for an accommodation to be considered, you must submit the COVID-19 Vaccination Accommodation Request form.
Vertex is a portfolio company of American Industrial Partner (AIP), an operationally orientated private investment firm with a 30 year track record of working with management teams to build scaled world class businesses (www.americanindustrial.com).
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Working directly with service technicians in a classroom setting to effectively transfer theoretical knowledge to actual live diagnostic strategies
- Accurately and objectively evaluate the diagnostic skills and aptitude of service technician’s skills in a classroom setting
- Conduct evening seminars as required
- Support and participate in alternate training delivery methods including: video, web-based training, virtual classroom training, hands-on training and certification
- Provide technical diagnostic assistance to technicians via phone as necessary
- Other Duties as assigned
- It is important to note that this position requires up to 80% travel to facilitate training at various locations.
- Minimum of five years automotive technician experience
- Proficient with automotive service information and diagnostic support software
- Ability to work skillfully with highly technical diagnostic equipment, including: scan tools, lab scopes, DVOMs, HVAC equipment, vibration diagnostic equipment, etc.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and work environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills; working with customers and coworkers in a team setting
- Strong working knowledge in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), internet and email
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strongly preferred: Current ASE Certified Master A1 - A-8 Automobile Technician (must be obtained within first year of employment)
- ASE A9, L1, L3 and Section 609 certifications (must obtain within first year of employment)
- Automotive instructor or public speaking experience
- Experience with aftermarket parts and supplier processes/standards is a plus
- Minimum Associate Degree in Automotive Technology or related area
- Four years automotive technician work experience with a high school diploma may be considered in lieu of degree
Work is performed in an automotive shop setting. Working in shop areas may involve exposure to various automotive fumes, fluids, noise, smells, sharp edges or bump hazards that require continuous use of personal protective equipment, i.e., safety glasses, gloves, and/or head protection. Work may involve standing, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to operate a motor vehicle for up to five hours at a time. In addition the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. Duties may involve moving materials weighing up to 35 pounds on a regular basis such as automotive components and equipment, as well as papers, files, boxes, computers, etc. Manual dexterity and coordination is required in order to operate equipment such as a computer keyboard, monitor, projector, calculator, printer, and standard office equipment.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Vertex is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each other’s differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms