Automotive Business Development Manager
Compugraphics USA, Inc.
San Jose, CA
Through the innovation of specialty chemicals MacDermid Enthone Industrial Solutions provides advanced surface treatment solutions for the automotive, electronics, construction and industrial industries. We serve all global regions and touch every surface for manufactured goods which are both visible and invisible to the end user through our MacDermid Enthone and Fernox brands. Our solutions are leading our customers, our industry and the markets we serve to a profitable sustainable future. MacDermid Enthone Industrial Solutions is a business unit of Element Solutions Inc (NYSE: ESI). Element Solutions Inc is a leading specialty chemicals company whose businesses supply a broad range of solutions that enhance the products people use every day.
The MEIS Automotive – Automotive Business Development Manager - Americas will develop and lead strategic account plans at assigned OEM and its supply chain, to drive profitable revenue growth for MacDermid Enthone Solutions (MEIS): Light Metal Solutions, Decorative and Functional Coatings.
The Automotive Business Development Manager - Americas will relay and apply the strategy defined by the Automotive Business Development Director - Americas
- Create and maintain targeted relationships with assigned companies and their Supply chain (Tiers). The connections must be with all relevant department connected our activities: design, material, quality, procurement, project…
- Drive significant growth for our MEIS businesses by proactively creating and winning new material program approvals at the target companies, which lead to significant revenue opportunities and wins for our field sales organizations.
- Meet year-over-year assigned targets for growth of new material programs, approvals, and specifications for our technologies.
- Connect your work at the target company and their Supply chain (Tiers) to the “feet on the street” within our businesses. Ultimately the new material programs, approvals and specifications you create within the target company must lead to profitable sales volume growth opportunities and wins for our ESI businesses.
- Proactively identify the emerging OEM trends at the target company and future needs. Create a competitive advantage for MEIS by successfully positioning our technologies for future OEM platforms and vehicles of the target company.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel externally within the target company as well as internally within each of our MEIS businesses that participate in the supply chain of the target company.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including R&D, support, service and management resources to meet regional and the target company and their Supply chain (Tiers) account performance objectives and growth expectations.
- Continually communicate, collaborate and educate the needs of the target company and their Supply chain (Tiers) in the region internally within ESI and our businesses. Help us “move to where the puck is going to be”
Requirements & Qualifications
- You must have a proven experience in the environment of the electrification of vehicle, at an OEM in a development department or a Tier in a development department or in sales.
- You must have a proven experience in sales to Tesla and its supply chain or worked at Tesla.
- You must be a proven B-2-B enterprise sales and business development leader with 10+ years of professional outside sales and business development experience.
- Experience selling at Automotive OEMs and their T1 and T2 supplies is a must. Experience selling technical solutions that involve Light Weighting, and Functional/Decorative Coatings is a major plus.
- You must have a successful track record selling in a solution-oriented, high-tech products and services, long-term contract model. You must be able to demonstrate that you have consistently exceeded sales goals in major/strategic account management roles where skillful planning and execution are critical to success.
- You should be comfortable following a consistent team-based sales process and methodology for strategic account management planning – where account planning horizons could span 3-5 years and new opportunity sales cycles could last 6-18 months.
- You must be assertive with exceptional relationship and networking skills. You must have an executive presence and be politically savvy to expand relationships to upper and senior-level management within our strategic accounts.
- You should be comfortable-with (and desire) an aggressive, highly leveraged compensation plan to maximize your earnings potential.
- The position requires you to have experience working in a virtual environment – usually out of your own established home office, and you should be willing to devote at least 50% or more of your time to traveling to your accounts – significant travel is required (including international).
- You should be comfortable in managing an International Team.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Must have a record of managing large accounts with multiple divisions and locations.
- You must be detail-oriented and highly skilled at the Microsoft Office suite of tools. You must be very comfortable working with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com daily.
- Experience using the following Sales Methodologies is a major plus: RADAR from The Complex Sale, Strategic Selling, Target Account Selling, SPIN Selling, Solution Selling, etc.
Element Solutions Inc group of companies are E-Verify Companies and provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job applicant procedures. Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation