Automotive Product Support Representative
Bellows Falls, VT
Sonnax Transmission Company
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.Respond to incoming technical calls and emails about Sonnax Transmission Specialty/ transmission replacement part products, heavy duty/high performance products, remanufactured valve bodies and Rostra powertrain components.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming technical support calls and emails, answering wide range of product and technical support questions, occasionally escalating questions when they require higher level input.
- Assist customers with diagnostics, pressure checks and trouble shooting.
- Assist Level 1 TSR as needed.
- Collect, record and report detail of customer complaints received by the department regarding quality, tolerances, specifications or application of products.
- Identify issues that need to be escalated and route appropriately.
- Effectively relay customers’ needs and inquiry activity to appropriate personnel for evaluation.
- Contribute product ideas that will increase sales to the organization based on feedback from customers and end users.
- Utilize and help maintain department tools, systems and procedures that record daily phone, fax, e-mail or written customer product inquiries as well as provide quick access to product information and diagnostic assistance.
- Assist with creating packaging boards as needed.
- Travel by air and/or ground both domestically and internationally to visit customers or industry trade shows.
Education and/or Experience:
- AS degree in a technical discipline and/or automotive technical experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong customer service experience in an automotive environment.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation such as mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, hydraulic and diagnostic flow charts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- No restrictions on wearing required PPE for area, including safety eyewear and steel toed shoes.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.