Back up Shipping Clerk – Warehouse (Rotating Shift)
L & M Radiator, Inc.
This position is a full-time hourly position. Rotating Shift schedule rotates weekly: Monday - Friday: (Dayshift) 6:00am - 2:00pm & (Afternoon shift) 2pm - 10pm.
- Overtime as needed.
Job Summary: Responsible for preparing all shipping documents and invoices. Coordinate and arrange domestic and oversea shipments.
Essential Job Functions
- Enter sale orders as directed by customer service.
- Arrange and schedule product shipments with transport companies.
- Prepare shipping labels, documents, and invoices.
- Record shipments into computer system and distribute reports to appropriate departments.
- File open orders, invoices, OEM accounts and shipping documents.
- Troubleshoot and correct transportation discrepancies.
- Responsible for filing accounts receivable receipts with original order.
- Assist with timecard preparation.
- May serve as a back-up for the receptionist during lunch and break times.
- May serve as back up to other office support positions as needed.
- File freight damage claims with transportation companies.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follows all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel possible depending on the project.
- Perform related work or job duties as required by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Proficient data entry skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Willingness to train in other areas.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application
- Required: High School Diploma or GED with 6-months experience in a related field.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate software or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.