The Boston Beer Company
Los Angeles, CA
We are currently hiring a Barback (Part-time) at our Angel City Brewery in Los Angeles, CA
As a member of the bar staff at Angel City Brewery, the Barback is our entry-level front-of-house position tasked with providing support for all Public House team members while facilitating a positive experience for all guests.
What You’ll Brew: .
- Ensure the Public House floor and brewery remains a safe, clean, organized, and pleasurable environment for the duration of operating hours.
- Serve as a representative by exuding enthusiasm and helpfulness when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Coordinate with Bar and Security staff to identify potential risks on the Public House floor including safety issues, visibly intoxicated guest and/or any violations of our Conditional Use Permit.
- Provide relief to bar staff by bussing tables and removing trash from all areas of the Public House and Brewery.
- Remove dirty glassware from the bar all other areas within the brewery, and cycle through the dishwasher to ensure a constant supply of clean glassware. Utilize the 3-compartment sink for handwashing as needed.
- Restock any supplies that may be needed behind the bar and throughout the brewery.
- Change kegs and replenish inventory as needed.
- Provide routine inspection of the bathrooms to make sure they remain clean and well-stocked before, during, and after shifts.
- Become thoroughly familiarized with the history and mission of Angel City Brewery as well as the brewing process itself, while giving public tours of the brewery as needed and leading guided beer tastings.
- Conduct supply inventory as needed in upstairs and downstairs stock room.
What Ingredients You'll Bring:
- Previous service industry experience in a high-volume environment
- Familiarity with and passion for craft beer
- Public speaking experience
In accordance with California's pay transparency laws, the pay rate for this role is $16.25 per hour. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for tips received during the worked shift.
Our people are our most important “ingredient.” We hire the best talent; and we reward, develop, and retain them too.
In addition to generous healthcare on day one, stock purchase plan, 401k and more, Full Time Boston Beer Coworkers have the following perks available*:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fertility/adoption support
- Free financial coaching
- Health & wellness program and discounts
- Professional development & training
*Talk to your recruiter about eligibility
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact [email protected] for assistance.