Batch Plant Mixer Operator
We are Engineered to Serve.
Tindall Corporation is a leading Precast Concrete Manufacturer, with locations throughout the Southeastern U.S. Our mission is to support our customers, create remarkable structures, and deliver never-before-seen solutions every step of the way.
Our employees enjoy benefits including:
Fully-paid Employee Health plan, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Fully-paid Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Whole Life, Accident, Hospitalization, Critical Illness, EAP and a 401k Plan with Company Match & Profit Sharing.
Summary of Primary Functions: Operate one mixer for maximum production to BDS. Ensure that concrete is batched on a timely basis with minimal downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with bed foremen and QC personnel to determine concrete formula desired and number of cubic yards required.
- Call up formula from computer, enter number of cubic yards, and adjust moisture content as necessary.
- Monitor computer screen to ensure all components are weighed and mixed as required by the formula. Inject steam into mixture as required to batch concrete at requested temperature.
- Direct Equipment Operators to appropriate mixer.
- Discharge concrete into delivery equipment.
- Mix concrete manually when small amounts are needed.
- Clean mixer and work area daily; includes chipping and greasing as necessary.
- Substitute for Equipment Operators to deliver concrete as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor.
Job Specifications or Qualifications:
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.