Batch Plant Operator
Capital Materials LLC
Jefferson City, MO
Capital Materials is looking to fill a Batch Plant Operator position traveling with our portable batch plant throughout central Missouri.
Position Summary: The Batch Plant Operator is directly responsible for supervising the mixing process to ensure the batch meets the customer’s order and check the batch against specifications and regulations on the requirements of each concrete type.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a batch plant efficiently to obtain all production goals
- Operate the plant computer systems
- Correctly translate orders to control mix design and to set appropriate slump
- Collaborate with the quality control team to inspect each batch of product to ensure a quality mix is being produced
- Assist the foreman and superintendents with material ordering, scheduling, inventory management, and record keeping
- Supervise and set expectations for plant employees
- Communicate with road crews, truck drivers, dispatchers, and customers
- Order and maintain inventory of plant parts
- Supervise daily activities and ensure safety policies are being followed in the plant
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience operating a batch plant, preferred
- General knowledge of construction materials, tools, and equipment
- General knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Welding ability is preferred but not required
- Must be punctual, have a strong work ethic, and maintain a good attendance record
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with others when under pressure
- Must be able to work with and manage a team on all projects
- Lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Work overtime, nights, weekends, as needed
- Reliable transportation
- Willing to travel/work out of town, as needed
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol screen, and background check
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. We offer competitive wages and great employee benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Capital will give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.