Batch Plant Operator
Transit Mix Concrete Co.
Why work for us?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, concrete products and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence perception and keen to build, grow and thrive in our high-performance culture. Are you ready to build progress with us?
The batch plant operator is responsible for making quality concrete and providing it in a timely manner to the production crew. It is the batch plant operator’s responsibility to ensure that all the concrete we produce meets the required specifications.
- Batch product with the proper mix and water content, making any necessary raw material and moisture adjustments. Understand the proper use of each mix design.
- Complete customer orders, schedule deliveries, paperwork and small plant maintenance. May run front end loader or other material handling equipment to charge plant with aggregate, sand or other materials.
- Keep mixer and batch plant area clean.
- Ensure all equipment continually remains in safe and efficient operating condition.
- Monitor all preventative and regular maintenance on equipment.
- Ensure all company regulations and policies are followed.
- Assist plant management as needed with other duties as assigned.
Education (preferred): High School Diploma or equivalent
Professional Experience (required): American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certification & State Concrete Technician Certification
- Minimum of one to three years related experience and/or training performing batching, blending or quality assurance functions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills with the ability to use batch mixing system.
Other Requirements: Must possess a valid driver's license.ID:uDnQdo